How to organise a minimum ping? Trade server in London - page 4

SYMRDV:

Hello!

Also, there is an opinion[link to product on Market removed by moderator] thatmany EAs bought fromMetaQuotes VPSwork very mediocrely on the Market.

I would like to know. Is it a chronic (systemic) disease or my patients still have something to hope for.

On the contrary, they work more stable.

They have 16-24 physical cores, a ton of memory and there is no huge loss for the operation of 100 operating systems, as the usual VPS.

Renat Fatkhullin:
Yes, the same location. And the same situation unfortunately.

There is the same ignoring of questions from you.

What is being done to prevent the situation from happening again? Why is there no basic notification of problems on MQID?

Renat Fatkhullin:

The service is not cheesy in any way.

We work hard and improve our services. This is our business.

As an elective, I'll give you a direction to think about: what difficulties are encountered by those who allow to run tens of thousands of other people's programs on their hardware. What do some people do when they buy a service for $10 for a load of 1000.

I used the hosting a year ago, used it a month ago. The trend remains, the service is unstable. The infrastructure is being debugged at my expense.

I'm not saying that you have an easy task, and I'm not coming to you with tips on how to make it better. I am simply stating the fact: the service is miserable, because it does not solve its main task - stable uninterrupted operation of the terminal.

It is "much better than a regular UPU" only in theory so far. For the user it is worse at the moment.

You forgot to add "terminal operation with a bunch of robots". And there are really heaps of them.

You don't have much information about regular VPS, unlike me. There are a lot of hidden problems (not theoretical in any way), in addition to those described by me. They also block accounts for committing vandalism, and the recent (a few months ago) viral wannacry infection of tens of thousands of traders' virtual desktops that was fixed by their complete removal.

One ISP, which had no Windows admins at all and had several thousand virtual machines infected, decided to blame us for it. Over this summer tens of thousands of just traders' VPNs had to be recreated by multiple ISPs.

I am not saying that we do not have errors. But I am saying that our service is orders of magnitude better, if we are talking about really fast reaction times and speed of robot terminals.

Renat Fatkhullin:

You forgot to add "terminal operation with a bunch of robots". And there really are a lot of them.

Is six robots a bunch?

Renat Fatkhullin:

You don't have much information about regular VPS, unlike me.

Yeah, I haven't used the UPU in a while.

I was comparing with a dedicated server, wrong. But the dedicated server was running 20 of these terminals, not 1, and there were no such problems.

Renat Fatkhullin:

I am not saying that we don't have errors. But I claim that our service is orders of magnitude better, if we are talking about really fast response and speed of robot terminals.

All I want is a stable service. Correct the mistakes, please.

Andrey Khatimlianskii:

Are 6 robots a bunch?

It is precisely on 6 robots that our service shows an advantage, by giving those 6 robots 6 physical cores instead of one virtual one.

Do you understand what this means for calculation speed and latency reduction? And we are just talking about the processor.

In general, do not think about yourself alone, think about other neighbours who run a lot more robots.

Yes, I haven't used UPU for a long time.

Compared to a dedicated server, wrong. But the dedicated server was running 20 of these terminals, not 1, and there were no such problems

Here's the answer. You are comparing to a dedicated physical server.

From a regular VPS you would be writing this now.

Renat Fatkhullin:

It is precisely on 6 robots that our service shows an advantage, giving these 6 robots 6 physical cores rather than one virtual one.

Do you understand what this means for speed and latency?

So far I've only experienced a decent amount of flying in due to 2 crashes in 1 month.
I can't feel the benefit of low latency.

Andrey Khatimlianskii:

There is no way to feel the benefit of low latency.

But there is low latency. You can't argue with that.

Renat Fatkhullin:

But there is a low latency. You can't argue with that.

There's no arguing with that.

The only thing missing is that this latency is stable.

We are working on it.

I suggest introducing several SLA (Service Level Agreement) levels for MQL hosting. Each SLA level should have a different price. The hosting would have the same ping to the broker's server. And depending on the SLA level, the SLA's could be different in terms of pricing, time of unavailability of hosting. And also technical parameters on VPS load, what is the allowed number of EAs to run on a particular VPS. And at what violations of MQL VPS the user will be disconnected from the service. The main thing is that everything is clear and transparent from the beginning.