What is a trend? - page 5

The trend is the direction of price movement, defined within your mathematical model, i.e. your trend indicator.

The more accurate your model is, the more accurate your trend indicator will be in determining reversals.

Example:

...trying to determine where the bee will fly by drawing trend lines...

bee

enter against a trend without knowing what it is and where it is going?

that's no way to grow a moose...

https://c.mql5.com/3/114/7213_7mkt.png

Serqey Nikitin:

The trend is the direction of price movement, defined within your mathematical model, i.e. your trend indicator.

The more accurate your model is, the more accurate your trend indicator will be in determining reversals.

Example:

maybe you will stay away from the accuracy determined by the "eyeball" with which you select the parameters in your Indicator?

Vitaly Muzichenko:

On such signals, unless of course they are drawn post factum, but in real time, it is possible to work with orders, and there is no need to guess the direction.

Today's indicator readings

Dow's theory

Serqey Nikitin:

Example:

Good work.

=====

ss

"Give not up your holy things to the dogs, nor cast your pearls before swine, lest they trample them under their feet and turn and tear you to pieces.

This is still true today, and is confirmed many times over by today's reality.

Олег avtomat:

Good work.

=====

ss

"Give not your holy things to the dogs, nor cast your pearls before swine, lest they trample them under their feet and turn and tear you to pieces.

This is still true today, and is confirmed many times over by today's reality.

And where is the guarantee that the indicator does not draw? I have one with the same pretty picture, but it redraws.

Yury Kirillov:

...trying to determine where the bee will fly by drawing trend lines...

Yuri, I think the bee analogy is not in the eyebrow but in the eye. This bee drawing should be the conclusion at the end of a technical analysis textbook. As the harsh truth of life.