Registration for the Real Accounts (Cents) Championship July 2017 . - page 122

Vyacheslav Kornev:
Jo... Russia is not the right place to compare Cyprus to Russia. Our laws do not work

Mavrodi is all over the world :) If they catch him in China, they'll shoot him on the spot.

Vyacheslav Kornev:
Zo... Russia is the wrong comparison with Cyprus. There are no laws in force in our country.

Have you ever wondered how the Moscow Exchange is regulated, by whom, or if it is regulated at all, and why there is no 100th leverage?

Server Muradasilov:

No. Make it 1:300. You asked me to name 3 serious DTs. Well, here are two more. They give 1:500. There's F@Pro and Fre$hF0₽ex.

Vitaly Muzichenko:

Have you ever wondered how the Moscow Exchange is regulated, by whom, or if it is regulated at all, and why there is no 100th leverage?

I don't even know what it is.

Vitaly Muzichenko:

Tell me.

Vitaly Muzichenko:

Have you ever wondered how the Moscow Exchange is regulated, by whom, or if it is regulated at all, and why there is no 100 leverage there?

Vitaly, why are there no hedging on exchanges? It is clear with funds, but futures? And why does it exist on the forex market?

Alexey Volchanskiy:

Vitaly, why are there no hedges on exchanges? With funds I see, but futures? And why is there in forex?

We are talking about leverage. And on exchanges with funds there is hedging, it is hedging that gathers portfolios.

The problem initially is not the leverage itself, but the depo load when even the smallest lot is opened.

Each strategy requires a different margin to stay within the risk tolerance of the current market volatility.

The free margin (% free margin) is determined by the deposit, open positions, and floating profit (or loss). And the restriction at the bottom is the StopOut level, which by the way for some reason you forget to mention when you nod to the leverage of kosher ECN brokers.

Unreasonable limitation on 2 sides at once - both the leverage and the deposit (given the minimum lot) - that is why participants with different strategies are initially put in an unequal position.

Participants using multi-currency strategies, including for the purpose of diversification, have to make additional efforts (which are not required for participants using monocurrency strategies who can simply adjust the lot size to the deposit) to fit into the artificially imposed limits.

And when they say that they cannot please everyone, in fact they have already "pleased, but have not noticed", while appeals to change some conditions are an attempt to equalize conditions.

We still need to make sure that the restrictions are justified.

At the moment [small deposit] + [cent account - disgusting execution and overestimated spreads] + [small leverage 1:200] - a much worse set of trading conditions than the real ECN account (where more or less normal conditions are also offered for deposits over $10 000).

That is why I would suggest the Solomon's solution, taking into account that participants form the deposit with their own funds:

The leverage can be fixed at 1:200, and the size of the deposit is determined by the participant himself, based on his own understanding of his strategy. You can, of course, set a maximum (e.g. 10,000), but it makes no sense. - Participation in competitions requires attention and time. Prizes do not really compensate even if you win. But at least the time can be recouped with more or less real profit.

Since the deposits will be different, you will need to tweak the calculation formulas a bit.

Everyone will be a winner. As they say, Win-Win Solution.

P.S. I have named my account Gamble - Adventurous, because even a superficial "estimation" immediately showed the inadmissibility of even an average unexpected price movement against the wool - not enough margin for the applied strategy due to simultaneously small leverage and deposit. That is, if we are talking about real trading, I would not even trade under these initial conditions, because they are super risky. I would look for another broker :)

For the sake of interest I opened at the same time cent account with amount $400 at the same broker, as the contest one (to compensate somehow the time expenditures). I traded by the similar strategy. Can not predict what will be the result of trade, but at the moment the balance is 1016$ (- floating loss of 80$).

Vitaly Muzichenko:

We are talking about leverage. And there is hedging in exchanges with a fund, it is hedging that builds portfolios.

But there, by hedging, you mean opening positions in different instruments, right? I meant a hedge on one instrument, well counter orders. Why is there only netting?

Alexey Volchanskiy:

But by hedging you mean opening positions in different instruments, right? I meant a hedge on one instrument, well counter orders. Why just netting?

Does locking mean partial or full? There is no such possibility there, most likely due to "delivery" of goods, but on forex we trade in the air. I have not dealt with this issue, so I will not give you an answer.