Registration for the Real Accounts (Cents) Championship July 2017 . - page 107

Kirill Belousov:

Not quite right.

The website correctly counts 486, for example. But when substituting without normalisation such FS into the formula the problems described remain.

I do not know how else to explain that the current version of the formulas is sharpened for "normalized" values of the input data, which do not have sharp spikes.

For example the drawdown is limited from the bottom and from the top - everything is OK there.

The capital gain is also not infinite and it is not transformed from $1000 to $500 000 in one transaction.

With PV the song is different, as you see.

I personally believe that the proposed changes will not offend anyone and the rating will be more fair.

Accordingly, and participants will have an incentive not to hold the randomly obtained FS = 400, and not falling out beyond a reasonable maximum (eg 20 or 30) will begin to earn points and the other two components.

That would be a real contest for traders :)

As Oleg has already pointed out, where does the number 20 come from? For example, I am better off with 10, but Oleg may get 30. Vasya will come and say that the benchmark should be 15.

You see what the discrepancy is. You don't have to take it from the ceiling.

But your point is exactly right, except you don't want a specific figure, but a calculated one.

Sergey Gritsay:

The money is almost the same - 4.05/29.28=0.1383196721311475

Are you suggesting to calculate FS using this formula, and substitute it?

Vitaly Muzichenko:

As Oleg has already pointed out, where does the figure of 20 come from? For example, I am better off with 10, but Oleg might be better off with 30. Vasya will come along and say that the benchmark should be 15.

You see what the discrepancy is. You don't have to take it from the ceiling.

But your point is absolutely correct, except that you don't need a specific figure, but a calculated one.

From those Internet sources (including English), which mention a specific value of RF for reliable, professional trading strategies most often appears to be the figure 20. There are no calculations. This is just the opinion and practical experience of the community of traders. You can google it yourself.

Inthis particular case, the Organizers will calculate the market value. You just need to make a decision and that's all.

20 - it means Absolute Profit during the competition at least 20 times more than the Maximum Historical Drawdown on the balance.

10 means the Absolute Profit for the competition period is at least 10 times the historical maximum drawdown of the balance.

30 - means the Absolute Profit during the competition period is not less than 30 times the historical maximum drawdown of the balance.

All who have reached and exceeded the established threshold will receive the maximum possible 0.5 points from us. The rest will receive in proportion to their value between the minimum and up to the set maximum.

By choosing 10-20-30 you simply determine who will be sorted where, and starting from which figure (having obtained the maximum here) you need to gain points at the expense of other components in order to obtain the maximum final score.

Kirill Belousov:

Apparently, in the heat of the debate, you didn't notice my question...

So I will repeat the question:

Forum on trading, automated trading systems and testing trading strategies

Registration of participants for the championship of real accounts (cents) July 2017 .

Oleg avtomat, 2017.07.10 22:27

Can you determine the effectiveness of the TS for your account? (autonomously, without reference to any contests)

Or do you not determinethe effectiveness of your TS in any waywhen working on a real account, not bothering with it? And your interest in this matter arose only because of the competition conditions?

Олег avtomat:

Apparently, in the heat of the debate, you didn't notice my question...

So I'll repeat the question:

Or you don't determinethe effectiveness of your TS when working on a real account, and you don't bother with it? And your interest in this matter arose only because of the contest conditions?

Missed the question, sorry.

My trading on the contest account is a combination of several Expert Advisors + visual assessment of the situation with making decisions about entries on specific pairs during the Asian flat, so the profitability depends on the size and nature of volatility on different TFs.

If I designed my TS from the beginning to the end, the TS efficiency would be a complex concept, which would include the efficiency of the capital use, the intensity of the capital use, measures for drawdowns, scalability, risks and other important indicators.

So far I'm busy studying the peculiarities of the language and preparing my own products for market based on the ideas I have. I used to study a lot, quickly and deeply, so I hope to develop successful products in the nearest future, when tested on the real account :)

Vitaly Muzichenko:

Are you suggesting that you calculate FS using this formula and substitute it?

If PV=0, it's not your fault. Read what is written in the signal PV prompt. And the calculation is different. It is not clear how you got there FS. We would have to find this out from the developers and fix it.

Maybe someone can tell us how the recovery factor is calculated in the signals?

Petros Shatakhtsyan:

If PV=0, it is not your fault. Read what is written in the signal PV prompt. The calculation is different. How you got the FS there is not clear. We need to clarify this with the developers and fix it.

Maybe someone will tell me how the recovery factor is calculated in the signals ?

Petros, I already answered this question more than once and with pictures.

Recovery Factor = Absolute Profit($)/Maximum Relative Drawdown ( $)*.

This is not the drawdown shown on the left. The one on the left is Maximum Relative Equity Drawdown. Do not confuse these 2 completely different drawdowns.

Kirill Belousov:

Petros, I have answered this question more than once and with pictures.

Recovery Factor = Absolute Profit($)/Maximum Relative Balance Sheet Drawdown($)*

This is not the drawdown shown on the left. The one on the left is Maximum Relative Equity Drawdown. Don't confuse these 2 completely different drawdowns.

But let's say they are. And here they are:

And read how to calculate the Recovery Factor. There are 2 ways to calculate it. It's all over the place about it.

Petros Shatakhtsyan:

But let's say it is. And here they are:

And read how you should calculate the Recovery Factor. It's all over the place.

In this case the Recovery Factor cannot be determined because the drawdown on the balance is 0. And the operation of dividing by zero for real numbers is meaningless.

i.e., FV=n/a

Kirill Belousov:

In this case the Recovery Factor cannot be determined because the drawdown on the balance is 0. And the operation of dividing by zero for real numbers is meaningless.

i.e., FV=n/a.

Apparently you don't know how to calculate PV. Look it up on Google.