Registration for the Real Accounts (Cents) Championship July 2017 . - page 101

Server Muradasilov:

It's possible (you could have said so), but there was the same thing with another signal (not with the contest one), just a couple of trades, and he hasn't commented on it.

this is interesting.

i had this happen 2 years ago, but it's a common situation - he signed up and then changed his mind.

and here it's like yes - signed - copied 1 deal - signed off....

Vitaly Muzichenko:

Replaced zeros with 20, also replaced everything over 20 with 20

Results before and after:

1. We must not forget to take into account that when the balance of the participant is equal to the original balance, then Rest Normal may be 0 (because the numerator of the formula is Absolute Profit) and it should not be substituted for 20.

2. You should change the name of the column for the indicator. It is not exactly Recovery Factor after all.

3. Question: can you parse equity drawdown value in dollars (it appears in the tooltip on the signals website)?

Vladislav Andruschenko:

that's interesting.

I had this kind of thing two years ago, but it was a common situation - a person signed up - then changed his mind.

But here, he signed up - copied one deal - wrote off .....

I told him he even managed to make some money, but not much, because he did not have much money.

Kirill Belousov:

1. Remember also that when the participant's balance sheet is equal to the original balance sheet, the Reinstatement Norm can be 0 (because the numerator of the formula is Absolute Profit) and should not be replaced by 20.

2. You should change the name of the column for the indicator. It is not exactly Recovery Factor after all.

3. Question: can you parse the value of equity drawdown in dollars (it appears in the tooltip of the signals website)?

Yes, of course

Vitaly Muzichenko:

Is that allowed? Where has it been seen that they change the rules during a competition.

You can't do that. You will lose your credibility.

You have to restore it to the way it was before the competition.

What's another 20? Who told you that figure? Some moron writes something on the Internet and you repeat it.

Those numbers are for long-term trading. You've only got a month.

-----

This is why the organisers of the competition are forbidden to participate. If this goes on, you will be changing the formula so much that you take first place, or knocking off anyone else.

Kirill Belousov:
I will reply to these posts only if you, Oleg, are personally ready to write an indulgence in advance :)

I'm not the Pope ;)))

Олег avtomat:

I'm not the Pope ;)))

Then I'll be in the lodge.

Kirill Belousov:

Then I'm in the lodge.

Why do minBalance and minDrawdown have to be the same? Justify.

Apparently, you haven't quite grasped the meaning of what I've written -- I didn't explain it well, which is my fault, so I can agree with the design assessment.

Олег avtomat:

Why should minBalance and minDrawdown be the same? Justify.

Apparently, you haven't quite grasped the meaning of what I've written -- I've poorly explained it, which is my fault, so I can agree with the design assessment.

On the minBalance example:

in the formula minBalance is the balance of the contestant who had the smallest balance among all contestants after closing trades at the end of the competition. For calculations during the competition, the minimum current balance among the participants at the time of calculation is simply taken.

Obviously, there is always one minimum balance at a certain moment of time. There cannot be two different minimum balances :)

Well, and in all your calculations the same error is repeated.

Have I explained it clearly?

P.S. Maybe I have not quite grasped the meaning of what you have written. Then describe what you wanted to show by these calculations.

I will tell you how I tried to grasp it:

Based on the text you wrote in the conclusion - "The score with the worst indicators is assigned the best values", I assumed that you were trying to model a system that would show the calculation of values (with the construction of graphs) of specific indicators based on formulas for participants of a particular competition. And on the basis of the resulting indicators you wanted to assess the fairness of the evaluation of results based on the proposed formulas. This is a good idea. All that is left to do is to correctly use the data of the participants of the particular competition. When substituting the data, you made a mistake and got an incorrect result with a wrong conclusion.

Well, if you were going to use these formulas to compare results in different events, then the idea is actually meaningless, because these formulas are not designed for this purpose. When I saw that the values of minima and drawdown are different for the compared results in the place where they should be, I thought that perhaps you are using formulas where they shouldn't be.

I wrote about both of these options in the picture notes.

Vitaly Muzichenko:

Vitaly I don't understand why such complicated substitutions, it's enough to divide value from growth column by value in drawdown column and you will get adequate value corresponding to reality.