Is there proof of profit from using Autotrading? - page 22

Vitalii Ananev:

That's probably why it closed, because it's a kitchen. A stop order becomes a market order when it is triggered and if there is no liquidity, it always slips. If there is no liquidity and the market order does not slip, it means that your broker acted as a counterparty in this transaction.

Well, that's good, it was a strange one, it returned a part of the traded spread. That's what the whole strategy was based on back then.

Lilita Bogachkova:

Well, that's good, it was a weird one, returning some of it on the trading spread. That's what the whole strategy was based on back then.

It was just an incentive to make as many trades as possible. He most likely received a lower spread from his liquidity providers than he broadcasted to his clients. For example, the spread is 1 pip from the liquidity provider and 2 pips to clients. After that he returns the client half of a pip, makes the remaining half a pip his profit and encourages the client to trade as often as possible. And if the broker is a gadget, in addition to the spread, you get the loss of deposits.

Vitalii Ananev:

This is simply motivation for you to make as many trades as possible. From his liquidity providers he was most likely getting a smaller spread than he was broadcasting to clients. For example, the spread is 1 pip from the liquidity provider and 2 pips to clients. Then he returns the half point to the client, the remaining half point is his profit and he stimulates the client to trade as often as possible. And if the broker is a gadget, in addition to the spread, you get the loss of deposits.

So these are the rules and it begins to pop up:
  • Don't interact with kitchens;
  • Don't fall for one broker's tricks with a spread refund when others already offer a narrower spread.

Lilita Bogachkova:

So these are the rules and it begins to pop up:
  • don't interact with kitchens;
  • Do not fall for one broker's tricks with a spread refund when others already offer a narrower spread.

These are just general rules. But you also need a trading system. And how to determine whether it is a gondola or not. There are reliable Forex brokers, who have been offering their services for more than 10 years. But they have several types of accounts to choose from. One type, transactions are made on the interbank and the second type (kitchen) transactions are executed inside the broker. Because there are a lot of newbies who don't know much about money management and want to get a lot of money at once. So, the broker does not even have to do anything trading, these people sooner or later "give" their deposit to the broker. You don't even have to do anything about that, they will give your deposit sooner or later to a broker, it's in the early 2000s when Forex was gaining popularity in Russia and there were a lot of open "kitchens" where you can't get it back if you make a deposit or not, you will find any excuse to "squeeze" money from you.

In my opinion, the "kitchen" type of accounts will be good for those who use averaging, martingale, because if something goes wrong and your account is in deep deficit, according to the regulations (of many forex brokers) this deficit will be covered by the broker, because trades are not taken to the interbank. But if the transaction was taken out to the interbank, then the loss will have to be covered from your funds because in fact you will owe not a broker, but the counterparty, to whom your transaction was taken out.

Vitalii Ananev:

I think that the "kitchen" account type will suit those who use averaging, martingale, because if suddenly something goes wrong and your account goes into deep deficit, then by regulation (many forex brokers) this deficit will be covered by the broker, because deals were not taken out to the interbank. However, if the transaction was taken out to the interbank, then the minus will have to be covered from their funds, because in fact you will owe not a broker, but the counterparty to whom the transaction was taken out.

Doesn't the margin call work? I remember when I started in forex and lost cent accounts, there were some pennies left after the margin call.

khorosh:
Doesn't the margin call work? I remember when I started in forex and lost cent accounts, there were some pennies left after the margin call.

Usually it works, but not a margin call, but a stop out. But if there is a heavy load, it may not have time and will trigger with some delay. And if the trade is on the interbank and there is no liquidity, the stop out may slide to the downside.

Vitalii Ananev:

Usually it will trigger, but not a margin call, but a stop out. But if there is a large load, it may not catch up and will trigger with some delay. And if the trade is on the interbank and there is no liquidity, then the stop out may slide to the downside.
Got it.

Lilita Bogachkova:

2017 - 1974 = 43

43 / 141 = 0.304964539 transactions per year.

I'm not claiming the truth, but I once read that a value of less than 30 cannot be considered statistically probable.

Also noticed.... What kind of strategy is this just over 141 entries in 43 years. It's a robot turned on and forgotten...forgotten forever.

Igor Zenchenko:
Also noticed.... What kind of strategy is this just over 141 entries in 43 years. It's turn the robot on and forget it... forget it forever.

No!

It's a great gift for a newborn.

Renat Akhtyamov:

No!

It's a great gift for a newborn baby.

It's a great gift for a newborn.... for adulthood.)