Is there proof of profit from using Autotrading? - page 16

Renat Akhtyamov:
are there any stops?
The stop is software(function closes).

khorosh:
The stop is software (function closes).
Right. This is a different conversation. A test like this can be trusted.

Renat Akhtyamov:
That's right. This is a different conversation. A test like this can be trusted.

I wonder if virtual SL and "Stop software (function closes)" are different?

Lilita Bogachkova:

I wonder if the virtual SL and the "software stop (function closes)" are different?
They are the same thing. But only it should not be a short stop and not a number, but an alogorhythmic one.

Lilita Bogachkova:

I wonder if virtual SL and "software stop (function closes)" are different?

The same thing is just called by different words. The virtual (software) stop means that it is not stored on the broker's server and the trade is closed by an EA's order according to a given algorithm.

Lilita Bogachkova:

I wonder if the virtual SL and the "software stop (function closes)" are different?

The virtual one simulates a regular stop and its full equivalent. The software stop is triggered under specified conditions.

Renat Akhtyamov:
Same thing. But it's not supposed to be a short stop, it's supposed to be an alogorhythmic stop.

So it is. You'd think SL was a Chinese wall - immovable ))))

Lilita Bogachkova:

So he is. You'd think the SL is a Chinese wall - immovable ))))

The presence of a stop loss does not guarantee that the trade will be closed at the price specified in the stop loss. A stop loss order is analogous to a sell stop for buy positions and a buy stop for sell positions. Stop orders are known to be executed with a slippage to the worse for the trader.

Vitalii Ananev:

Having a stop loss does not guarantee that the trade will be closed at the price stated in the stop loss.

True, but the SL when the EA is not working does work, but the virtual SL unfortunately does not.

Lilita Bogachkova:

True, but the SL when the EA is not working does work, but the virtual SL unfortunately does not.

This is a separate issue and it has a solution.

The point is that if an EA is trading, it needs to ensure that it works all the time.