Registration for the MetaQuotes-Demo Championships in May - page 26

Andrey Dik:
Take a look at this post of mine.

Thank you Andrei has seen

Who agrees with the terms proposed by Andrei Dick ?

Let's not delay with the rules, let's be proactive.

Tweak it? Suggest.

Let it be fair.

And the relative value is still better than just the fix value. Even though this statistic threw me into 8th place instead of 5....

So be it.

Server Muradasilov:

Who agrees with the terms proposed by Andrei Dick ?

Do not delay with the rules, let's be proactive.

Tweak? Suggest.

Well, it remains only to determine the criteria that are important for evaluation. In my opinion at the end of the contest should be calculated rating for the following criteria: Balance, Maximum single-step drawdown achieved (as shown in the signal - the maximum drawdown). In combination with the fact that the maximum drawdown is limited to 20% of these two criteria is enough. The recovery factor may become the third criterion.

It remains to decide on the importance of criteria, I would emphasize the balance. Balance|Max drawdown|Recovery factor|as 10|5|1 or something like that. The contestant with the highest balance (all positions must be closed) taking into account the drawdown and the recovery factor will win this way.

Disqualification conditions:

1. Exceeding the max drawdown 20%.

2. Exceeding the volume of any transaction by 80% of total traded volume. 3.

3. Minimum number of trades is 10.

Thus, there will be clear rules to estimate the rating of the participant, according to the competition results (during the competition there will be only the indices displayed, with sorting by any of them), and the disqualification conditions, also at the end of the competition.

PS The bolded ones need to be discussed. these are the importance coefficients of the criteria. For an example you can see the pictures from before, how the coefficients affect the ranking.

On the first and second point, I am against what Andrey suggested above. Regarding the first point: everyone defines his own risks. Second: if I'm cautious and then I see a good entry, I may enter more with a short stop (though after the start there will be more trades, it won't matter).

Aleksey Vakhrushev:
As for the 1st and 2nd point, I'm against what Andrey told me. Regarding the first point, everyone defines his own risks. As for the second one: if I'm cautious and then I see a good entry, I may enter more with a shorter stop (it won't matter if there are more trades after the start).

Quite right, everyone defines his own risks. So some will not exceed a 5% drawdown, while others are free to play with fire near the 20% mark.

What is the difference between a 100% drawdown and the 20% limit? You need control in both cases. So control it, do not bring it to 20% drawdown.

Do you agree, that everyone who wants to use the 20% limit, will work with an initial deposit of 10000, and those who do not want to be restricted will start with an initial deposit of 2000?

Andrey Dik:

Absolutely right, everyone determines their own risks. So some will not exceed a 5% drawdown, while others are free to play with fire near the 20% mark.

What is the difference between a 100% drawdown and the 20% limit? You need control in both cases. So control it, don't go as far as 20% drawdown.

Do you agree that all who agree on 20% limit will work with initial deposit of 10000 and those who do not want to have this limit will start with initial deposit of 2000?

Andrey, of course I don't) conditions must be equal for everyone. This is a competition with different tactics, strategies, for me a 20% drawdown condition seems unreasonable, this is my opinion

Aleksey Vakhrushev:

Andrei, of course I disagree) conditions must be equal for everyone. It's a competition with different tactics, strategies, for me the 20% drawdown condition seems unreasonable, this is my opinion.

I knew you wouldn't agree.)))

Well then you could create criteria so that every dollar earned is accounted for by the risk it carries for the deposit. Is that fair? - Fair enough. The contest is interesting for potential investors, they should be the first to be targeted. Is this what investors are interested in? - Yes. But there is no way you with your attitude to risk will make it to the top.

My reasoning is based on the interests of investors. I myself have always tended to trade as an investor, not as a roulette player, so I think that the contest should be interesting not only for participants, but also for investors. After all, the contest has no prizes and the only motivation to participate is to attract investors and/or clients to the signal. Otherwise the sense of the contest is lost, there is no point in winning just to win, I've already said this, because in that case you could use purely random strategies with huge lots, participating in 10 such competitions you are almost guaranteed to win, but who is interested? - Not for me that's for sure.

Alexander Laur:

About drawdowns: I open EURUSD 2.0 lots buy and 2.0 lots sell at the same time (MT4). It does not matter whether the price is falling or rising. After 100.0 pips I close both positions. What is the drawdown of this operation? Around the spread times the lot, i.e. less than 1%. And the platform will show the drawdown on the losing position, i.e. 20%.

Are you sure about this? The ratio of equity to balance should be counted. If it is not, it is a bug in the calculation in the signals service.

Do you know what m.p. and deposit have in common?

It is not the size that matters, but the ability to use both.