Registration for the MetaQuotes-Demo Championships in May - page 22

Alexey Kozitsyn:

I think you misunderstand the proposed drawdown limit. It can reach any size by the end of the competition. That is, the total drawdown can be 99%. And the participant will be able to win. The essence of the drawdown limitation is that the total drawdown of OPEN POINTS must not exceed X% (let it be 20%).

I.e. if you have entered "all" and want to keep the competition - fix the loss at 19%. Then you enter the whole amount again!

That is just playing with the balance curve. Rewrite one rule in the robot. You have 10 000. You open a Sell position with 10 lots, fix the loss with 19%, then you open a Sell position with 8 lots (less money), then you take a 19% loss, fix the loss, then open a 6 lots, etc.

The total drawdown is already 60% on the account, and then the trend reverses and the account finally reaches 15 000 without exceeding 19%.

How is this different from over sitting and lottery - HZ

That's not what I was suggesting.

P.S. It would be better to have no limits than to create such a situation. And you can watch on the history to see if the equity is out of balance or not. Someone will get disqualified, and someone will "sit it out" by the rules, fixing the losses.

Igor Volodin:

And that's just playing with a balance curve. There is one rule in the robot to rewrite. You have 10 000. You open a Sell position with 10 lots, fix a 19% loss, then you open a Sell position with 8 lots (less funds), 19% loss, you fix a loss, then open a 6 lots, etc.

The total drawdown is already 60% on the account, and then the trend reverses and the account finally reaches 15 000 without exceeding 19%.

How is this different from over sitting and lottery - HZ

It's very strange to hear that. Suppose the goal is to earn 10% of the starting deposit. If at first one lost 10% (depo = 9000), to earn 10% of initial deposit one has to earn 2000 instead of 1000, which is 22.2% of current depo. Moreover, if you enter with those volumes, which you wrote, then the lot in relation to the deposit will always be directly proportional, and here the profit will need to be earned much higher.

Just here the lottery is excluded, because after a couple of losses it will be very hard to return to the initial condition of the deposit.

Alexander Laur:

I cannot remember the third one, but it was suggested in one of the contest threads. Let everyone trade the way they know how. Investors invest in profit, not in drawdowns, deposit loads, different ratios, etc. Let the investors make the decisions. Normal rules and determining the winner is maximum profit! The market will determine who is the best. Why bother with all sorts of restrictions? Moreover, these restrictions do not guarantee successful trading.

Let everyone trade the way they want, please, I would just like to see people at the top who work instead of guessing.

I will not argue about where investors are investing. Everyone has their own opinion.

I have another suggestion, for some reason few people supported it: not to impose a limit on drawdown, and when selecting a winner take into account several criteria: max profit and min drawdown. That's how winners were selected at A...ari. But there were three criteria, I don't remember the third one, but it was suggested in one of the competition threads.

Alexander Laur:

And now look at the same A...ry how many winners by these criteria have won the competition at least twice? There are none!!!

"So maybe there's something wrong with the conservatory?"(c)

Or maybe it's just the other way round? After all, as we know, it is much harder to hold onto the top spot than it is to win it.

In any case, when several factors (including drawdown) are taken into account it is possible to assess trading objectively.

Alexander Laur:

Trade influencing factors are talked about by those who struggle to understand the reasons that make the price change. They believe that the grail is buried in the right factors. The important thing is to find them (the factors) and the grail is in your pocket. Go for it. :)
Well, of course, only those who know how to trade correctly and what investors are interested in are speaking about the senselessness of introducing the drawdown criterion. And good luck to you!

Alexey Kozitsyn:

But the profits will need to be much higher.

No one is arguing with that.

Alexey Kozitsyn:
Well, of course only those who know how to trade and what investors are interested in are talking about senselessness of introducing a drawdown criterion.

Well, you yourself are talking about investors, but you propose to allow a drawdown on the account of even 99%.

Igor Volodin:

No one is arguing with that.

Well, you yourself are talking about investors, while you propose to allow the drawdown of the account at least 99%.

Don't twist things around. 99% - that was said as an example, and for the account in general. And again, in case you haven't understood, I propose that the DISCUSSION on Open Positions be reduced to 20%. Or let it remain as it is, but at least 2 factors are taken into account when announcing the winner: the profit on the account and the minimum drawdown. I.e., for example, points are awarded to the first ten participants by profit and the first ten participants by drawdown.

Let's take as an example your account and the account of the participant following you (assuming that the contest is over right now and there are no open positions): you receive 10 points for the profit, and 0 points for the drawdown. Total 10+0 = 10. The next participant (https://www.mql5.com/ru/signals/284448?p=15ci3) has 9 points for the increase, 10 points for the drawdown. Total 9+10 = 19. I think it is clear who has won.

Торговые сигналы для MetaTrader 4: Im a little princess
Торговые сигналы для MetaTrader 4: Im a little princess
  • Igor Rybakov
  • www.mql5.com
Торговый Сигнал Im a little princess для MetaTrader 4: копирование сделок, мониторинг счета, автоматическое исполнение сигналов и социальный трейдинг

Server Muradasilov:

What is there to judge, everything is fine. Now 40, June - August - 300 - 1000 people, because no one is immune :) Where the number, there are sponsors ( and why all the pessimists )))) )

In principle, you can do anything - if you want to.

Yes, whatever it is called - it is a long term project. Join

Added: There were people here who didn't even expect to see five contestants.....

Without the guarantee of a solid office, I will join (as any normal trader) in the third wave, after the first pullback, if the pullback does not become a trend reversal )))

Nikolay Demko:

Without the guarantees of a solid firm, I will join (like any normal trader) on the third wave, after the first pullback, if the pullback does not become a trend reversal ))))

This is a voluntary matter ...

Alexey Volchanskiy:

The big journey begins with a small step. I was skeptical too, thought people prryryndit, as usual and will calm down. But no ))

By the way, this contest is a huge incentive for me to beat the damn laziness and finally finish the EA for MT5, it's been in a kind of spring stagnation.

That's why I like Lesha :-) For his positive attitude.

Yes, and 40 people is already cool, really when it all started too thought will be the strength of 5-8, once a very long time ago we did a similar championship, there were 6-7 people!

I've been working on it for a long time now, and I've been working on it for a long time. Maybe if we reach three digits 100-300-700, the resource owners will show their interest,

They might organize a prize fund and help with the regular championships, it's up to us.

Friends - more active join in.