How to explain to the customer that virtually all indicators are overridden - page 5

Andrey Dik:

Indicators that change values in buffers on any bar other than 0 with the arrival of a new tick are re-drawing indicators. Correspondingly, non redrawing indicators count only the 0-bar, the other bars remain unchanged with the arrival of new ticks.

It is very simple. And even if the broker will change the quotes, once thrown on the chart, the non re-drawing indicator will NOT change its values except the 0-th bar. The full re-run of the non re-run indicator can only be caused by initialization.

From this follows the clear rule of division of indicators by re-rate:

Non-overrising indicator after its initialization can change only the 0-th bar with the arrival of a new tick. All other indicators will be re-run indicators.

All this is absolutely correct. But there are no rules without exceptions. As an example, the indicator for the arrow crossing two MA that signals on the zero bar, what do you think it will be?

Alexey Viktorov:
All of this is absolutely correct. But there are no rules without exceptions. As an example, an arrow indicator that signals on the crossing of two MAs on the zero bar, what do you think it will be?
The rule clearly states that it will be of the NON-RISPING type, i.e., it will re-recall only on the 0th bar.

Andrey Dik:
The rule explicitly says that it will refer to non re-rising, i.e. it will re-run only on the 0th bar.

But just making an EA using such an indicator would be fraught with danger. Isn't it?

I once wrote owls on some indicator at the opening of a candle provided to open. I have tried it in the Strategy Tester but have come to my surprise when I have tried it on Demo. It opens orders "anywhere", I have entered to make screenshots and only then I have discovered what this indicator is. I have not seen anything wrong with this indicator, it has not opened on the next bar and my profitability has turned into a loss.

Alexey Viktorov:

But just making an EA using such an indicator would be fraught with danger. Isn't it?

I once wrote owls using some indicator, on a candle's opening condition to open. I have tried it in a tester, but when I tried it on a demo, I was surprised. It opens orders "anywhere", I have entered them to make screenshots and only then I have discovered what this indicator is. I have not seen anything wrong with this indicator, it has not opened on the next bar and my profitability has turned into a loss.

Not like this

Unfortunately, it's a hell of a topic.

And it's understandable that 0 bar, it's not a redrawing indicator. It's a calculation based on current data .Well it's logical that the 0 bar it builds, and it's understandable that the indicator will change its data there.

I would not call it a redrawing indicator but a Normal indicator! Standard Indicator

But on the topic: If the above point is quite easy to explain to a person, then it's very difficult to explain why the EA opens according to the logic, and the indicator just draws!

And these are problematic orders, I agree, these are conflicting orders.

Therefore, before you accept the work, it is better to make sure that the indicator is not drawing, and then to take the advance payment.

Otherwise, screw such an order. - You spend more time discussing water.

I personally give the man my own TEST video explaining what indicators are drawing, why, and what will happen if you use it in an EA, I also give an EA for the tests of such re-rating.

I have to say at once - the orders have become less frequent :-)

Because the person before pushing the button - send the order - will check his indicator and refuse to implement it in the EA.

IMHO. During the last year orders with redrawing indicators practically came to 1-3 pcs. per month. I have stopped wasting time on such empty orders. Life is getting better. Less stress. Cheeks are starting to blush. My nerves have begun to settle. A smile appeared .........

Hello all!

Drawing or not drawing. The main thing is signal output - and catching the moment.

Vladislav Andruschenko:

unfortunately it's a hell of a topic.

And it's understandable that 0 bar, it's not a redrawing indicator. It's a calculation based on current data .Well it's logical that the 0 bar it builds, and it's understandable that the indicator will change its data there.

I would not call it a redrawing indicator but a Normal indicator! Standard Indicator

You must write "not" together with "redrawing" to get "I would call it a non redrawing indicator". As for "standard", you are overdoing it. There are standard redraw indicators as standard, but they do not stop being standard.

Комбинатор:
then the test in the studio.

later, let the topic simmer for a while

Yuriy Zaytsev:

Later, let the topic simmer for a while.

What's there to boil about? Look at the formula for the standard supply, only the 0th bar can be changed there, and that's if the prices used are not Open. If Open, the 0th bar will not change either.

Magnetic storms or something.... Massive indicator amnesia...

Yuriy Zaytsev:

Sometimes it is very difficult to explain to a newcomer to the financial markets that all indicators - especially based on averages - have an unpleasant feature - overrendering.

How to explain it?

And sometimes there is a conflict situation.

Yura, who has a problem? -- you or the customer?

If the customer does not understand your explanation, the customer is right.

Customers are far from being idiots -- and don't want to accept outright nonsense.