What's the Holy Grail for the people? - page 8

Sergey Kasyanov:
You are, of course, all right, but about the point "turned on and forgot" I do not agree)
I, for example, was able to write a profitable owl, but it works in semi-automatic mode: I could not prescribe the trend component in the code (sometimes, yes I made a mistake with direction detection), I could not figure out how to prescribe not to trade before/on strong news (because I use short stop - longs still survived, but shorts often got killed by spread expansion... ); And in the case of a trend when receiving a signal, I haven't figured out how to automatically sift out signals 'Trending', but not from the extreme lines of the sub/oppos...
It may well be that all this can be prescribed in the code, but I have not seen examples so far and have not thought of it myself, although I'm working on it, but TS that fail on such moments have seen enough ...

So if you exclude this point from your list, the number of suitable TCs / Advisors will increase by an order)

That's right. I created a poll once a long time ago. Lazy to find it, the meaning was - what do you prefer 3-5% per month on full automatic or 50% with manual supervision. Most chose 50% )) Which suggests that this is not a retired billionaires club, people are willing to work a little harder for a much bigger profit.

I still can't get to a clear automatic myself, although the supervision is fine. Gradually removing manual labor, but then the new nuances emerge, the old ones are not completely solved.

Although I have not lost hope )).

Alexey Volchanskiy:

That's right. I created a poll once a long time ago. I'm too lazy to find it, the point was - what would you prefer 3-5% per month on full automatic or 50% on manual. Most chose 50% )) Which suggests that this is not a retired billionaires club, people are willing to work a little harder for a much bigger profit.

I still can't get to a clear automatic myself, although the supervision is fine. Gradually removing manual labor, but then the new nuances emerge, the old ones are not completely solved.

Although I have not given up hope )).

I absolutely agree. I myself have a machine that consistently gives 16%/month of transaction value. Of which ~50% is taken by the broker as commission. Just a few failures per month, and there may be nothing left of the remaining 8%. And failures happen, mostly internet, although fiber optics does. And it's better not to use a computer when a machine is trading, i.e. you can't do much manual trading either. You can only start it up when you are sitting at home and everything is under constant supervision. As a result, the machine only works occasionally.