What's the Holy Grail for the people? - page 2

prostotrader:
I have such an advisor, but it's not for sale.
No one is interested? An acquaintance of mine has a flat that is NOT for RENT. She wants a lot.

Who would sell a grail - like children *seriously*))

Petr Baskakov:
Who's going to sell the grail like children?)

There is nograil, nor can there be.

I have an advisor who makes good money year after year.

Alexander Milyoff:

GREETINGS TO ALL PATHFINDERS, MATHEMATICIANS, PILGRIMS AND CODERS !

GREAT PROFITS TO ALL !

Tell me please, has anyone seen an EA that brings good profits year after year ? And not in test mode but on a real account? Are there any at all ? How much does it cost?

Everything in business has a payback period. My Expert Advisor, for example, costs 2K and pays for itself in 2 months. That said, there is a strictly prescribed risk.
And what you are looking for does not exist, even risk free hfts and arbitrageurs need to be upgraded all the time. The grail does not exist and will never be built, the whole grail is to create it and continually upgrade it. Those who will claim his robot is unkillable are either stupid or lying. Although my new EA has been working on any pair since 2000, it is impossible to claim that it will never sell out.

Don't have to go far, I searched in English and found several threads with grails, there is even a branch like this: Help me find a bug in my grail. In the first post - the source (in five years, from 900 to 4000000 USD). In subsequent posts users find bugs and fix them.

The Chinese have a branch on grails in the kit section, some with sources too, so there the balance is like a rocket to the sky from the bottom left corner of the monitor to the top right.

-----------

But seriously, "good profit year after year" is probably not scalping or martingale, maybe trade on a daily timeframe, one month in the plus, another month in the minus, etc., but the sum of the year is plus. There are probably signals like that - look there.

But if you said you needed an Expert Advisor that makes profit once a week and every week and every week for many years, that's another matter.
And if profit is counted once a year, then such an EA may be (from the amount of profitable trades during the year subtract all the losses during the year - and you're in the plus, and so every year for four consecutive years), and 15 - 30 percent per year of the initial deposit amount (per year, not per month) of a good profit.

Look, I think there are some. Only no one will give a guarantee of future profit. And if he, for example, four years in a row and did not plummet, and was in profit (within a year can be a plum weeks and months, that is - if you count for the year - did not plummet), then the fifth year in the amount of profits / losses for the year may also plummet. But the sixth year may be profitable.

You just need to guess which one is a grail and which one is not, you just feel it, because you will know for sure in 5 years following the yearly trade.
It is like getting on one of the first trains as soon as it leaves the platform, and then you can ride ... well, how long? At least 10 kilometres to the next stop. And if you hop on a fast moving train with many other passengers besides you, it may stop after a kilometre.

You need a nose for it.

Maxim Romanov:
Everything in the business has a payback period. My Expert Advisor, for example, costs 2K and pays for itself in 2 months. That said, there is a strictly prescribed risk.
And what you are looking for does not exist, even risk-free hfts and arbitrageurs need to be continuously upgraded. The grail does not exist and will never be built, the whole grail is to create it and continually upgrade it.

A sound judgement.

But my EA only upgrades when there are significant changes in MT5.

Here's the Chinese thread here - I've already reported on it in the humour thread, though two more sheets of posts have been added to the thread since then.
That is - just from the branch of humour here that post:

Forum on trading, automated trading systems and testing trading strategies

Interesting and Humorous

Sergey Golubev, 2016.10.29 12:16

Stumbled across one gaining popularity Chinese thread with the following title: Stable profits - it's actually very simple,
I`ve read about results of MT5 backtesting with a certain amount of irony:

Some of their comments from the branch:

• "To interpret this chart - take a look at the test history from the start time and end time, and look at this delightful amplitude and time line. "
  • "Since 1971? My sister was born at this time, now almost 50 years old. Since foreign exchange transactions don't allow you to make a quick buck, there's not much to talk about."
  • "I look at these graphs and I feel better and better. "

The point is that such advisors probably exist (for sure they do), but who is going to wait for 5 - 10 years when the initial deposit is doubled or tripled ... and how do you know that this is the EA that will triple the deposit in 8 - 10 years, and not lose it? that's the point of that whitepaper.

Immediately there was an unobtrusive advertisement for his work. And the skills are this. And skills are so-so.))

There are some. The banks have them. The results of their trades are sometimes clearly visible on the chart )

prostotrader:

Good judgement.

But my EA only upgrades when there are significant changes in MT5.

It's probably not a grail after all and you know the strengths and weaknesses.