Direction of the subsequent tick - page 4

The 4-digit tick contains a lower level wave structure of the 5-digit tick.

It becomes easier if you want to determine the direction of a 4-digit tick. But this is purely out of curiosity. But maybe applicable somewhere.

Evgeny Belyaev:

Not really, there is a regression to the average.

0.5 does not interfere with anything at all, including flats and trends.

Well...

I'm amazed, people... It's down to the ticks already...

Well, the likelihood of days, four o'clock, one o'clock is very reasonable to look for. Fifteen-minute candlesticks - I have my doubts, moreover - five-minute candlesticks. I think it's absolutely useless to try to make money on probability of one-minute candlesticks. But on ticks ?

Дмитрий:

50/50 if the sample is large enough.

In small samples, it's up to God's will

Only it won't be probability, but whatever you want to call it.)

George Merts:

Well, the probability of days, four o'clock and one o'clock is very reasonable to look for. I have doubts about fifteen-minute candlesticks, all the more so about five-minute candlesticks. I think it is absolutely useless to try to profit from one-minute candlestick probability. But on ticks ?

They work on ticks too, and they are quite good. HFT is called.

George Merts:

Well...

I'm amazed, people... It's getting to the point of tics...

Well, the probability of days, four o'clock, one o'clock - it's very reasonable to look for. I have doubts about fifteen-minute candlesticks, all the more so about five-minute ones. I think it's useless to try to profit from one-minute candlestick's probability. But on ticks ?

Who said anything about "probability of earning"?

They wrote about the odds.

George Merts:

Well...

I'm amazed, people... It's getting to the ticks...

Well, the likelihood of days, four o'clock, one o'clock is very reasonable to look for. Fifteen-minute candlesticks - I have my doubts, moreover - five-minute candlesticks. I think it's absolutely useless to try to make money on probability of one-minute candlesticks. But on ticks ?

The question is not in the profit, but in the probability.

Yuriy Asaulenko:
0.5 does not interfere with anything at all, including flats and trends.

Uncle Shiryaev will answer all your questions. Purely on the subject of the layout of the next tick, if we know the previous one, watch from the 24th minute.

Well, who's too lazy to look:

Let R be tails and O be heads.

There will be more combinations such as R-O or O-R than combinations such as:

R-O or R-R.

Evgeny Belyaev:
You're cheaping out on something, $20 minimum.
Nah, instead of checking it out, it'll be a fierce, stupid and pointless debate, like 80% of all arguments.