Calculation of the slope angle of the trend line. - page 26

Алексей Тарабанов:

Why even? Integer has a pretty clear idea of decomposition: purpose, objectives, known methods, practical approaches, applied approach, result, performance evaluation.

There is something nervous about it.

Valeriy Yastremskiy:
Nervous of something.

There must be a reason)

Алексей Тарабанов:

The algorithm doesn't have to be moulded. You have to get into the process and describe it.

That's a stage I've passed. I was a problem-solver after university))). An algorithm is molded. Out of logical parts)
By describing them)

Valeriy Yastremskiy:
This is a stage that has been passed. After the institute, I was a problem-solver))). The algorithm is molded. From logical parts).
By describing them.)

You were a lousy problem-solver if you first looked at what you could calculate.

This is why I was once a solver of unsolvable problems: first the problem definition, then the solution algorithm, then the program, and then the instructions. My stage is the algorithm. And then there are the subsequent stages.

Valeriy Yastremskiy:

I would recommend that you use R and e.g. the trend package in it. This is an easy way to see how the available tests handle your data and task - if something seems interesting, you can find references to literature in the package description and use it to make what you need.

Lag is always unavoidable in such tests - as it decreases the probability of mistakenly identifying a trend change will increase. It is always a question of reaching the best compromise.

"Making it up only from your head" is an obvious self-deception. We are always relying on someone else's ideas, starting with the use of numbers, words etc. It's just that, over time, any idea we've mastered begins to feel 'our own'.

Алексей Тарабанов:

You were a lousy problem-solver if you first looked at what you could calculate.

This is why I was once a solver of unsolvable problems: first the problem definition, then the solution algorithm, then the program, and then the instructions. My stage is the algorithm. And then the subsequent stages.

Everyone has their own way. But I do not understand, of course, you can first create an algorithm, and then see if we can get everything to solve it, and if not, then change the algorithm. I first look at what's available and then build a solution. Although if your stage is an algorithm, then research the data, its availability and the difficulty of obtaining it is at the stage of problem setting of course. You must have had good formulators, if you had no problems in algorithms.

Aleksey Nikolayev:

I would recommend that you use R and e.g. the trend package in it. This is an easy way to see how the available tests handle your data and task - if something seems interesting, you can find references to literature in the package description and use it to make what you need.

Lag is always unavoidable in such tests - as it decreases the probability of mistakenly identifying a trend change will increase. It is always a question of reaching the best compromise.

"Making it up only from your head" is an obvious self-deception. We are always relying on someone else's ideas, starting with the use of numbers, words etc. It's just that, over time, any idea mastered begins to feel "our own".

Apparently we will have to learn R as well. So far I have limited the task to a window of 3 or 5 extrema. I can at least calculate the averages manually. I have 132 bars and get on average 40 to 60 extrema of the first order, 7 to 15 of the second and either none or 7 of the third in Williams' classification. When the slides are simple but when they go horizontal it should be detected, on a horizontal trend (well, let's say) all levels are 10, 20% apart and of course it is possible to check them in relation to the spread, but it is a buggy and uninformative solution. The windows are more informative and the lag on the window will be, well, it will always be.

Yes and so does R. Anything instead of your own brains.

You soon won't be able to do arithmetic like plus and minus without an authoritative formula.

Dmitry Fedoseev:

Yes and so does R. Anything instead of your own brains.

You soon won't be able to do arithmetic like plus and minus without an authoritative formula.

Why not) first the goal, then the objectives, then the data, then the algorithms, then the code, then the test and then see where to go next. And if today's toolkit can help in any way, then why not. Of course, I don't want to teach MOSHKA (m) but if you understand it and know how to cook it, you may even get good results. All the same, the tasks are complicated.

Time runs its course, some idiots are replaced by others. Once there were proud shadows wandering around, beating their heels and declaring that they didn't use a tester...

Now here's the era of proud eagles who don't count the average.

The average is the basis of any data analysis, and there's no getting away from calculating the average. Of course, you can also call it something else and just not see it...