Any questions from newcomers on MQL4 and MQL5, help and discussion on algorithms and codes - page 1571

Mihail Matkovskij:

AMarkov, I just couldn't formulate the problem.

But this is a clear indication that I am not the fool:

Then howCHART_PRICE_MIN and CHART_PRICE_MAX, are double values, not int or long!

And I advise you to take heed about knowledge of the concept! First master your own knowledge, and then try to teach others. And only those who will allow you to do it! Although...

As one classical writer said, "Fools can't write the law. And if it is written, it is not read. And if it's read, it's not understood. And if it's understood, it's not."

Personally, after reading the man's request, I immediately understood what kind of boundaries we are talking about.

When I saw Alexey's answer, I decided not to write anything - simply because I saw that answer.

And, yes, I too, like Alexey, did not pay attention to his oversight in the function name.

Fortunately, the questioner turned out to be a thinking person and realized that Alexey made a misprint in function's name.

But you are saying that we are all fools here.

All right, fine. As you say.

Mihail Matkovskij:

You can add anything you like to my posts. Your speculation doesn't change their essence anyway. Perhaps this behaviour is out of anger... Don't be angry. And don't be offended by the truth.

"The cow is calling the shots"... You're such an expert on documentation... I'd rather not say anything. No comment.

I very often ask Alexey to explain or remind me of something. He knows and remembers more than I do.

Artyom Trishkin:

Personally, after reading the person's request, I immediately understood what kind of boundaries they were talking about.

When I saw Alexey's answer, I decided not to write anything - simply because I saw this answer.

And, yes, I too, like Alexey, did not pay attention to his oversight in the function name.

Fortunately, the questioner turned out to be a thinking person and realized himself that Alexey made a misprint in function's name.

But you are saying that we are all fools here.

All right, fine. As you say.

I did not say that everyone here is a fool. I certainly wouldn't say that about you. Simply, Alexey likes to preach. He calls community members g-codes and so on. He tries to show he is smarter than others. All the messages were addressed only to him. And he was the first one to talk about fools. So, Artyom, you're wasting your time. If the man is adequate, I will never heckle him. If I don't like the man, I won't just badmouth him either. I'm trying to stay afloat when I'm chatting on the forums. I try to communicate here only on trading and programming topics. The rest of the topics, about fools and other things Alexey threw in, I leave to his conscience.

Artyom Trishkin:

I very often ask Alexei to explain or remind me of something. He knows and remembers more than I do.

I take it Alexey is a friend of yours? I don't even know what to say... With you and other forum members I certainly wouldn't want conflicts!

Gentlemen Alexei and Mikhail. You have both helped me. Thank you! Don't fight over bullshit. One question of mine hangs around about the visualisation of the indicator... Does anyone know how this can be implemented?

Mihail Matkovskij:

I take it Alexei is a friend of yours? I don't know what to say... I certainly wouldn't want any conflict with you and other forum members!

There is good advice, wisdom: you have to reach out to the strong. You wouldn't believe it, it's just the way Alexey communicates. He sometimes teases me too. And if he didn't tease me sometimes I would not have understood simple truths. For which I am grateful to him. And sometimes I do prompt him. And yes, everyone who asks me to do something, I refer to Alexey because of my full-time job and my complete confidence that he won't let me down. And he doesn't.

AMarkov:
Gentlemen Alexey and Mikhail. You both have helped me. Thank you! Do not fight because of some bullshit. One question of mine hangs around about the visualisation of the indicator... Does anyone know how this can be implemented?

Make a template for the tester with the indicator you want and save it under the name Tester.tpl

And Alexey, please never help me on this forum. For some reason your so-called "help" does meno good.

It all started with this

the visual length of a line on Canva, taking into account the width of all characters, including spaces, in the easiest way possible?

Forum on trading, automated trading systems and trading strategies testing.

Any questions from newbies about MQL4 and MQL5, tips and discussion on algorithms and codes

Alexey Viktorov, 2021.07.30 23:09

bool  TextSetFont( 
   const string  name,            // имя шрифта или путь к файлу шрифта на диске 
   int           size,            // размер шрифта 
   uint          flags,           // комбинация флагов 
   int           orientation=0    // угол наклона текста 
   );

and then

bool  TextGetSize( 
   const string       text,          // строка текста 
   uint&               width,        // ширина буфера в точках 
   uint&               height        // высота буфера в точках 
   );

data structures to a file and loading them afterwards? Ideally a library that works with json format,json parser, etc.

Answer from Alexey

Forum on trading, automated trading systems and trading strategies testing

Any questions from newbies on MQL4 and MQL5, any help and discussion on algorithms and codes

Alexey Viktorov, 2021.08.02 19:50

I don't know how to send you to read documentation. If you read it and the standard function doesn't work for some reason, you should have said so right away...

And what OEM function works with json format that he wants to send me to read it? I'm an expert, too. All he can do is lecture.

So he's making a fool of me here, not me, as you put it, Artem!

Artyom Trishkin:

Make a template for the tester with the indicator you want and save it under the name Tester.tpl

I meant for the indicator to be visualised along with it when the EA is installed on the chart. It is not a problem to read from the clipboard. It may be a nonsense of course, but I wonder if it is feasible or not...

Artyom Trishkin:

There is good advice and wisdom: you have to reach out to the strong. You won't believe it, it's just Alexei's way of communicating. He sometimes teases me too. If he did not sometimes tease me, I would not have understood simple truths myself. For which I am grateful to him. And sometimes I do prompt him. And yes, everyone who asks me to do something, I refer to Alexey because of my full-time job and my complete confidence that he won't let me down. And he doesn't.

But sometimes he makes mistakes. But not just wrong, he doesn't want to admit his mistakes. I'd rather he didn't reply to my messages, just to be safe... I might get into a fight with the whole forum because of him... Which I wouldn't want to do. I communicate here quite adequately (not counting my conversations with Alexey). I wish so for others. There's no need for them to quarrel here. Only communication on the subject of the site!