A programmer is needed to create immortality - page 3

ivandurak:

You should be more optimistic, what if.

Forever young, forever rich...!

It's like a portrait of me from life.

paukas:

Do you really think you can make money on forex? You can.

Next time they will be looking for a programmer, for a technology of insolubility.

ivandurak:

You have to be optimistic, what if.

Eternally young, eternally rich, women willing to do more than just money for immortality. The best yachts, the best cognacs and all that forever.

What kind of optimism is that? If everyone becomes immortal, there won't be enough cognacs or yachts for so many people.

As for women, there are plenty of them even now. We don't need immortal women who are 583 years old, have had 846 ex-husbands and many more lovers, have had 3725 children and all the rest of their descendants you can't even count.

Reshetov:

What kind of optimism is that? If everyone becomes immortal, there won't be enough cognacs or yachts for so many people.

About women, there are plenty of them even now. Why do we need immortal women who are 583 years old, have had 846 ex-husbands, not counting many more lovers, have had 3725 children, and other descendants you can't count?

You're wrong there. If man is immortal (no matter man or woman), he thinks that he has time to have children. But an accident or something else and he does not have time. Children will disappear. They will be an exception of 10 in a million adults. But accidents will happen to them. Eventually, we will have people who are thousands of years old and nobody needs them. There will be a sharp increase in suicides. But there will be no one left to replace them. Civilisation will end quietly, peacefully

Vinin:
That's where you're wrong. If a person is immortal (whether male or female), they think they can always have children. But an accident or something happens and he doesn't make it. Children will disappear. They will be an exception of 10 in a million adults. But accidents will happen to them. Eventually, we will have people who are thousands of years old and nobody needs them. There will be a sharp increase in suicides. But there will be no one left to replace them. Civilization will end quietly, peacefully.
I read an interesting idea somewhere, on which they work and promise to implement by 2045: All information is copied from cerebral cortex, especially from that part where each individual is formed as "I", put into chip and man continues to live in depths of computer, getting all necessary information from it. This is what immortality is promised to future citizens. I do not know how realistic it is, but it is tempting; one could take part in the experiment, but unfortunately it is not fated. On the other hand, the creator has thought well about immortality. As a matter of fact every one of us is immortal, because no one is fated to know the fact of his demise!

yosuf:
I read an interesting idea somewhere that they are working on and promising to implement by 2045: All information is copied from the cerebral cortex, especially from the part where each individual is formed as a "self", is put into a chip and the individual continues to live in the depths of the computer, drawing all necessary information from it. This is what immortality is promised to future citizens. I do not know how realistic it is, but it is tempting; one could take part in the experiment, but unfortunately it is not fated. On the other hand, the creator has thought well about immortality. In fact each of us is immortal, because nobody will ever know the fact of his/her death!

Say it by looking into the eyes of those who die long and painfully, from cancer, for example...

But a cure could have been found long ago, but pharmacists need sick people, not healthy long-livers, and the longer the cure, the better.

There is no pension for the immortal, about 60 and counting to infinity.

That is why immortality will only be given to party members for special merits.

paukas:

I can imagine what a massacre for "membership" would be like. Just join the party and suddenly an accident with an icicle or a brick from the roof - just have time to give immortal members a burial service ))))

paukas:

Of course, what kind of business will be concocted! And I repeat: "...it is nobler to give people a more worthy life than immortality to those who are not worthy to live!