Beta version of MetaTrader 4 IDE including new MQL4 compiler and editor - page 11

Renat:
This month.

Will there be a Marketplace in this version? Will it be implemented as in MT5 (I mean the possibility to test the demo version before buying)?

Yes, a similar one will appear.

chief2000:
It would be nice if in the new version of the language all GlobalVariables were called Terminal Variables to avoid the eternal confusion of "global variables". The "Global- " commandscould still work for version compatibility .

This is the weight we have been carrying since the three. Where there was no concept of functions.

Unfortunately, when we moved to four, we couldn't do away with the term "global variables". However, the official name "global client terminal variables" is quite similar to the term "terminal variables" (which is not perfect either).

Renat:
This month.
Will there be a pre-release beta or will it go straight into the public domain?

Renat:
Look at the MT5 release that was released yesterday. It has a full-fledged new MQL4 compiler and editor. Soon we will release the MT4 terminal, it's not a quick thing when you think about the huge amount of transferable functionality from MT5.

The question is why transfer this functional if we could just add MQL5 as a second language to MT4 and leave MQL4 as it is, unchanged, for compatibility with older programs. Then the sheep would be eaten and the wolves fed. All new programs would be written in powerful and convenient MQL5, while the old ones, written in MQL4, would work properly too. And then within a couple of years to gradually terminate the support of the old language, giving people time to redo their old developments in peace.

But instead a hybrid of MQL4-MQ5 is created that is not 100% compatible with the old standard (already discussed in this thread). And besides, as I understand it, this hybrid will also not be fully compatible with MQL5. I mean the language syntax itself, not the API in the form of functions.

It means that there will still be two languages, two standards. And developers will have to support them both. The question is why all the fuss is made about this? The option I described in the first paragraph is much more logical and convenient to all. If we had a single MQL5 + single MQL4 standard (that will become obsolete little by little), we will be left with MQL5 only.

Once again, by the language standard I mean exactly its syntax. All the terminal functions and environment variables are not related to the language.

Meat:

Instead, they create a hybrid of MQL4-MQ5 that is not 100% compatible with the old standard (it's already discussed in this thread).

And besides, as I understand it, this hybrid will also not be fully compatible with MQL5. I mean the language syntax itself, not the API as functions.

It means that there will still be two languages, two standards. And developers will have to support them both. The question is why all the fuss is made about this? The option I described in the first paragraph is much more logical and convenient to all. If we had a single MQL5 + single MQL4 standard (that will become obsolete little by little), we will be left with MQL5 only.

Once again, by the language standard I mean exactly its syntax. All possible terminal functions and environment variables are not related to the language.

Can you elaborate on that? // I've never heard of it.

MetaDriver:

More details? // I have not heard anything about it.

So what is there to hear? Just because the old MQL4 will be updated with new features, it will not turn into MQL5.

Meat:
Meat:

By language standard, I mean its syntax. And all sorts of terminal functions and environment variables are not part of the language.

You're right. That's the way the developers went about it, imho.

Meat:

The question is why transfer this functionality if you could just add full-fledged MQL5 as a second language to MT4 and leave MQL4 as it is, unchanged, for compatibility with older programs.

The most logical variant is to extend MQL4 to MQL5, which generally should be abolished as a test and debugging language which has not caught on in the market. The terminal has also a simple solution for netting so that trading would always be performed by one order on the server. Otherwise we will have to make a mess and keep two equivalent versions for the rest of our lives, which will sooner or later become boring because of the meaninglessness.

Andrei01:
The most logical variant is to extend MQL4 to MQL5 which should be completely liquidated as a test and debugging method that has not caught on in the market. The terminal has also a simple solution for netting so that trading would always be performed by one order on the server. Otherwise we will have to make a mess and keep two equivalent versions for the rest of our lives, which will sooner or later become boring because of the meaninglessness.

To do this, you have to declare your own logic as the most correct one, while all other logics should be disregarded because they are meaningless.

P.S. And do not narrow the world to the primitivism of "logic is or is not. :)