Beta version of MetaTrader 4 IDE including new MQL4 compiler and editor - page 3

dken1:

When will the terminal with the tester be in beta? How do you check it works? Just because it compiles doesn't mean it works! :-)

I'm already itching to rewrite all my libraries with classes and rewrite a few EAs in a new way.

While I've started writing wrappers in the editor beta.

Anything that is not directly related to the trading interface can be written and debugged on MT5.

Another version of the IDE beta has been uploadedto the old address.

What's new:

1. Correctly perceived values of enumerations with the same names in MQL4/MQL5 (however, members of MQL4 enumerations can be different in values from the same members of these enumerations in MQL5)

2. Since in the MT4 client terminal autonomous charts with any timeframe period are possible, the _Period variable in MQL4 is not of enum type and the Period() function does not return the enum type. Instead of the ENUM_TIMEFRAME type, the int type is used. Also, all MQL4 system functions that accept a timeframe value as a parameter, accept it as the int type.

Fixed call processing of some functions of the same name in MQL4/MQL5, but with different parameters.

4. Added MQL4 FileOpenHistory function

A warning is generated for simultaneous use of logical AND and OR in one expression and on the same level. Due to changes in priorities of logical operations in MQL4. This warning is generated both in MQL4 and MQL5, the same way as in the standard Lint.

Graphical objects in MT4 can be set to None (invisible, transparent) on charts.

Programmatically in ME4 it can be set as a colour constant:

color invisible = C'None';

In new version of MT4 IDE this line throws about a dozen errors...

This request has probably already been made elsewhere, but I'll repeat it. Is it possible in the strategy tester to make the visualization slider adequately linear. And on the 31 th mark barely moves, and on 32 (maximum) flies away.

Zaxvatov:
This request has probably already been made elsewhere, but I'll repeat it. Is it possible in the strategy tester to make the visualization slider adequately linear. And on the 31 th mark barely moves, and on 32 (maximum) flies away.

+100500

When will the new mt 4 be available, please give us an approximate date?

MetaDriver:
Anything that is not directly related to the trading interface can be written and debugged on MT5.

I don't think that mt4 functions will work there.

dken1:

I don't think mt4 functions will work there.

Soon all functions will be the same, except for trading and indicator functions. The old ones will only remain for compatibility with the old programmes.

I.e. if you need to debug purely counting programmes (libraries, scripts) then you may use fiver.

If you trade or write indicators - then no.

In general it makes sense to study both terminals, the language will now be the same, the only difference is in the trading/indicator API.

ingenious move to expand the five :)))

FAQ:
A genius move to expand the 5 :)))

It's hard to argue with you, I remember my acquaintance with MT4, after 1 hour of using it I had no desire to trade on other platforms, after 10 minutes of using MT5 I had no desire to use it ... Mt5 has a difficult future, language fusion is + mt4 but not mt5, mt4 almost instantly conquered the market unlike mt5, mt5 will have to compete with worthy competitors that have no bans ...