What's new in MetaTrader 4 and MQL4 - big changes on the way - page 21

Andrei01:
It follows from 2) that MT5's share of forex is small and unlikely to grow after MT4 is upgraded. The point of supporting MT5 for forex separately from MT4 then becomes unclear.
So, you don't understand anything and continue to live in myths. Read my words character by character again.

Renat:
In the first post of the thread, everything was already very clear. But even if you write it 20 times, there will still be people who will stutter. )

Renat:

For information.

1. Technologically MetaTrader 5 is a head above MetaTrader 4, which will remain so.
    Only irrational inertia allows people to sit on the old one. The same inertia that 38% of all MetaTrader 4 traders sit on Windows XP. In 2013!

I beg to differ with you. Manufacturers associate expanding the programme's capabilities with a complete replacement of the interface. New version - new interface.

The point here is to make economical use of the most precious resource we still have at our disposal - time. Young people have time to figure out the intricacies and subtleties of the new interface, at least in their opinion, people after 50 have a shortage of this resource. Why waste time on beautiful things if the old technology is quite satisfactory? You have to take into account that most users trading on the forex market is more of a hobby and they have more important things to do, which allows them to earn money to eventually pay for your work. So we shouldn't talk about irrational inertia. We have our own rationality. It is necessary to take this into account.

Renat:

The new architecture, created by those who made MetaTrader 3 and MetaTrader 4, leaves nothing to chance otherwise. It is a completely different technological level. In terms of opportunities for traders, MT5 is far ahead and only irrational inertia allows people to sit on the old one. The same inertia that 38% of all MetaTrader 4 traders sit on Windows XP. In 2013!

Unfortunately we have to admit (at least I know lots of people who think so) that normally installed XP is better than totally obsolete Win8.

And as many people know Windows doesn't get better with time. With Win7 I could somehow agree with it, but Win8 definitely showed me that it was time to migrate to Linux.

Note, I am not claiming that MT4 is better than MT5. I'm just saying that MT5 could have been initially more "accessible" and certainly interesting for traders and brokers (because up to now a lot of people from both said that the terminal is still rather crude).

I hope that in the future this will be fixed, including with similar changes in MT4 architecture.

Andrei01:
From 2) it follows that MT5 share in forex is small and unlikely to grow after MT4 upgrade. Then the point of MT5 support for forex separately from MT4 becomes unclear.

It makes sense, of course, if the DTs are keen to provide their traders with more powerful software and enter other markets at some point.

Sooner or later MT4 will be inferior to the new terminal even in its native market, it's not even appropriate to talk about other markets and possibilities.

OlegTs:

Did you already write about debugging?

I would really like it, I'm sick of prints with alerts)

Debugging will probably happen, but not immediately.

valenok2003:

I would beg to differ with you. Manufacturers associate expanding the programme's capabilities with a complete replacement of the interface. New version - new interface.

The point here is the economical use of the most precious resource that we still have at our disposal - time. The young have time to work out the intricacies and subtleties of the new interface, at least in their opinion, people after 50 have too much of this resource. Why waste time on beautiful things if the old technology is quite satisfactory? You have to take into account that most users trading on the forex market is more of a hobby and they have more important things to do, which allows them to earn money to eventually pay for your work. So we shouldn't talk about irrational inertia. We have our own rationality. It is necessary to take this into account.

Have you used MT5?

The interface is 99% the same as MT4. Who spoils himself by a serious change of the interface, he loses the market.

Interesting:

Unfortunately I have to admit (at least I know lots of people who think so) that a normally installed XP is better than a completely buggy Win8.

And as many people know Windows doesn't get better with time. With Win7 I could somehow agree with it, but Win8 definitely showed me that it was time to migrate to Linux.

Note, I am not claiming that MT4 is better than MT5. I'm just saying that MT5 could have been initially more "accessible" and certainly interesting for traders and brokers (because up to now a lot of people from both said that the terminal is still rather crude).

Hopefully this will be fixed in the future, including with similar changes to the MT4 architecture.

You're getting your arguments out of thin air. Do not fool yourself with excuses about dampness, some kind of availability/unavailability, lack of hedging and so on. All this has been repeated many times, analysed and time tested. In the end it turned out that way - sucked out of thin air.

Re-read my words above in both threads - I answer for them with my money every day.

ps: when you understand the real motives of people who use Windows XP in 2013, then you will make the first step in understanding the product and begin to perceive the psychology.

Interesting:

Unfortunately I have to admit (at least I know lots of people who think so) that a normally installed XP is better than a completely buggy Win8.

Note, I am not claiming that MT4 is better than MT5. I'm just saying that MT5 could have been initially more "accessible" and certainly more interesting for traders and brokers (because until now a lot of people from both said that the terminal is still rather crude).

I hope that in the future it will be corrected including similar changes in MT4 architecture.

The modern world lives on the postulate that new is best. Bring out the old, but no, the laws of the market force us to "keep the pace". But it's one thing to think that you "keep the pace", and another to think that you "move forward". :)))

The main thing (ALWAYS and EVERYWHERE) is not to confuse "WANTED" with "ACTED"! ;)

TarasBY:

The modern world lives on the imposed postulate that the new is the best. The market laws force us to "keep the pace", but it's one thing to think you can "keep the pace". But it's one thing to think that you "keep the pace", and another to think that you "move forward at all". :)))

The main thing (ALWAYS and EVERYWHERE) is not to confuse "WANTED" with "ACTED"! ;)

Man, at least one would articulate what is wrong with MT5 that is not in line with what traders want.

If we had your views, we would sit around a campfire with a shaman and beat a tambourine, causing rain.

Mischek2:

Man, at least one would articulate what is wrong with MT5 that is not in line with what traders want.

With your views, we'd be sitting around a campfire with a shaman, banging a tambourine and making it rain.

You need to work on your perspicacity, and your sparkling humour wouldn't hurt either.