What's new in MetaTrader 4 and MQL4 - big changes on the way - page 22

Announcement - MT4 will be cooler

Reaction - Let's go kill MT5.

Cool

TarasBY:
You need to work on your foresight and your sparkling humour too.
I'm a stupid idiot, but that doesn't stop me from reading your claims about the A's in essence. I wish you could articulate them.

Mischek2:
I'm a stupid idiot, but that doesn't stop me from reading your claims about A's on the merits. I wish you could articulate them.

I can see that your self-esteem is fine - that's good.

MT5 is really cooler than MT4, but in my opinion, if:

1. For the end user.

1.1. Ability to work with their own history.

1.2 Availability of tick history at least within a few days to a week.

1.3 Functions for working with ticks.

2. For brokers.

2.1 Have a flag in the server's settings for one/many orders on one symbol.

The last point would definitely solve the problem of MT4 support. Why do users need it when there is a cool MT5, where everything is the same as in MT4, but better and more?

After a while most would have switched to MT5. MT4 would quietly die without anyone noticing how or where. Which is what happened with MT3.

The metaquotes didn't need to support MT4. That, after all, is a lot of money and time. At least the costs would have been less.

Zhunko:

MT5 is really cooler than MT4, but in my opinion if:

1. For the end user.

1.1. Ability to work with their own history.

1.2 Availability of tick history at least within a few days to a week.

1.3 Functions for working with ticks.

This one is completely out of the ballpark. Totally non-principled thing + technically unavailable. If there are ticks - then you must create a perfect tick history for 10 years, otherwise you will be treated like dirt. And no excuses about few days will not help.

2. For brokers.

2.1 Have a flag in the server settings for one/many orders for one instrument.

The idea is the same as "we need an aeroplane that looks like a fighter jet, and we need a checkmark to enable bomber mode". This has been discussed and explained a hundred times, why it's not solved by ticking and what pure architecture is and why it can't be broken.

One-ways and lying on the surface ideas are almost always wrong.

TarasBY:
Your self-esteem, I see, is fine - that's good.
Better than you are with specifics )

Renat:

1. it's a bit out of hand. Completely unprincipled + technically unaffordable. If it's ticks, you have to have a perfect 10 year ticking history, otherwise you'll be treated like dirt. And no excuses about few days will not help.

2.The idea is similar to "we need a plane in the form of a fighter and a tick to enable the bomber mode. This has been discussed and explained a hundred times, why it's not solved by ticking and what pure architecture is and why it can't be broken.

1. What's being sucked out here? I trade on these exact charts. I don't need a contemporaneous history. You need ticks to post the right chart. It's strange that this is not clear to you.

Concerning the length of the tick history, don't be afraid, just do it. It's not technically difficult. This is done on many other platforms.

2. Don't break your pure architecture. Make a parallel one. Just as clean. Let both planes fly side by side :-))

Mischek2:
Better than yours with specifics )

Do you think that if "steamboats are sailing" and not "Hello Boychish!", then they are no longer steamboats?

Renat:

1) It's sucked out of thin air. Totally unprincipled + technically unaffordable. If it's ticks, you have to have a perfect 10 year ticking history, otherwise you'll be treated like dirt. And no excuses about few days will not help.

2) The idea is the same as "we need a plane in the form of a fighter and that checkbox activated bomber mode. This has been discussed and explained a hundred times, why this ticking is not solved and what pure architecture is and why it can't be broken.

1) As a trader, I don't think it's sucked out of thin air - it's the real important thing. Without it, as I have seen, tester that 4 that 5 is 0, a completely useless thing except for playing games and learning the multiplication table from trading - like for beginners to understand some statistics, not adapted for anything (i.e. for creating really workable systems). Tick generation is a dead end for creating workable systems. (with MT4 of course you can put history, but I mean standard features, no dancing with tambourines).

2) You said that the MT4 server now handles 10 000 orders per second by default - easy - for me, as a trader, this is a purely theoretical indicator of the internal architecture, which I have never encountered in my life, and probably never will. And what I see is that even the fastest "true ECN" dealing centres execute my order within 0.5 - 1.5 sec on average... (together with ping, of course, and ping is the smaller part). So, what do I care about theoretical indicators when the real ones are many times worse? The question is rhetorical.

Please don't be offended, it's my opinion.

Zhunko:

1. What's being sucked out here? I trade on these exact charts. I don't need an equal time history. You need ticks to post the right chart. It's strange that this is not clear to you.

Concerning the length of the tick history, don't be afraid, just do it. It's not technically difficult. Many other platforms do this.

2. Don't break your pure architecture. Make a parallel one. Just as clean. Let both planes fly side by side :-))

1. it has been discussed a hundred times. there is no guaranteed tick history and no one will provide it. the trader's desire is not the broker's ability. now brokers are not even able to provide a normal one-minute history in most cases.

2. We have two pure architectures that fly in parallel - MetaTrader 4 and MetaTrader 5.