What's new in MetaTrader 4 and MQL4 - big changes on the way - page 20

And the indexing of indicator buffers will be in which direction ?

In mt4 the zero index is the closest to the history, and in mt5 it is the very first on the left side of the chart.

olyakish:

And the indexing of indicator buffers will be in which direction ?

In mt4 the zero index is the closest to the history, and in mt5 it is the very first on the left side of the chart.

Not true, it can be easily adjusted(ArraySetAsSeries(...)). Another thing is how buffers are deployed by default, but it's not a problem at all, as it is solved with one line.

Renat, Slava, I have an urgent question: will the "indicator by indicator" scheme, like in MT5, be universally implemented in the "new 4"?

The scheme is fantastically convenient and allows trading systems to be hidden completely in indicators and then to build various functions on them (e.g. to calculate equity of a trade strategy on the fly).

MetaDriver:

Renat, Slava, I have an urgent question: will the "indicator by indicator" scheme, like in MT5, be universally implemented in the "new 4"?

The scheme is fantastically convenient and allows trading systems to be hidden completely in indicators and then to build various functions on them (e.g. to calculate equity of a trade strategy on the fly).

No, it is not planned.

Renat:
No, it's not planned.

That's a pity. That's too bad. I thought I was gonna make some money at Market.

--

Oh, well, it's not over yet. Once you've sorted out most of the perestroika problems, maybe you'll change your mind.

For information.

Since a certain part of people turn a blind eye and happily declare that "Metaquotes has admitted the failure of MetaTrader 5", I will repeat the reasons already expressed(here and here) for the upgrade of MT4, which should be taken literally to the letter:

1. Technologically, MetaTrader 5 is head and shoulders above MetaTrader 4, which will remain so.

The new architecture created by those who made MetaTrader 3 and MetaTrader 4 leaves no chance for anything else. It is a completely different technological level. In terms of opportunities for traders, MT5 is far ahead and only irrational inertia allows people to sit on the old one. The same inertia that 38% of all MetaTrader 4 traders sit on Windows XP. In 2013!

We are not just developing software, we are building a sustainable and long-term business, building and protecting our market share. At the moment we are in a great position with a huge forex share of MetaTrader 4 and a growing share of stock exchange and institutional MetaTrader 5.

Competitors and critics are not even able to realise where and how MetaTrader 5 is being implemented and we don't advertise it. The situation is exactly the same as with MetaTrader 4 - for some years people prophesied about localization, narrowness and limited scale of implementation, and then they were surprised with "well, there it is. The whole world is invaded. it's strange. Anyway, they are crazy, they keep shooting themselves in the head and the final shot is coming right now!

2. The main reason for the language upgrade is the possibility to easily transfer the ready, developed and powerful MQL5 language to MT4. To be more precise - the Market.

Immediately we get full protection against decompilers and the Market. Few traders and critics realize what an in-house Market on a multi-million user base is. We will dramatically streamline all software sales, protect the developers and provide an amazing opportunity for free promotion to all users. And the collection of money is fully automated.

It was for the sake of the Marketplace that the language had to be upgraded.

3. To upgrade MT4 we are fully leveraging the technology that was developed in MetaTrader 5.

The first is the modern services based on MQL5.community: Signals, Freelance orders, Market (beta for MT4 will be launched this week), push notifications, payment system and social network. We got an opportunity to easily replace the IDE and MQL4 language with the new ready-made engine and we gladly did it.

Renat:

1) "Methaquotes admits failure of MetaTrader 5"

2) we have a great position with a huge forex share of MetaTrader 4
From 2) it follows that MT5's forex share is small and unlikely to grow after the MT4 upgrade. It then becomes unclear the point of supporting MT5 for forex separately from MT4.

Renat:

1. Competitors and critics don't even realize where and how MetaTrader 5 is being implemented, and we don't advertise it.

I doubt that it will do any good ... As for competition TOS may not be very convenient, but its power and quality are many times better than mt4 and mt5 put together ...

I really hope that the euphoria created now before the release of the common MetaTrader and all these innovations will not end the same way as the euphoria before the release of mt5 ...

Guys, when will you start using it on real brokerage accounts? I want to make sure that the moment is not missed and that the developments for the real world are ready in time for the update.

about structures and OOP thanks,

Have you already written about debugging?

I'd really like to, I'm sick of prints with alerts)