Any rookie question, so as not to clutter up the forum. Professionals, don't pass by. Nowhere without you - 6. - page 1163

When, after reading the documentation, you write a programme and make sure - it is better remembered IMHO

Do you know if there is an operator in MQL4 for forced updating of quotes and the chart?

i.e. for the terminal to reload the history a certain number of candles back and update the chart.

Dmitriy Voevodkin:

Do you know if there is an operator in MQL4 for forced updating of quotes and the chart?

i.e. for the terminal to reload the history a certain number of candles ago and update the chart.

The chart,

ChartRedraw

Causes forced redraw of the specified chart.

Quotes,

RefreshRates

Refreshes data in predefined variables and time series arrays

Can you tell me how to draw broken levels? There may be a lot of levels within a certain time interval and each one needs to be drawn.

Lankaster:

Can you tell me how to draw broken levels? There may be a lot of them within a certain time interval and I need to draw each of them.

Do you know how to identify these levels?

Aleksey Vyazmikin:

Do you know how to determine these levels?

local highs and lows Close[i+1]>Open[i+1] && Close[i+2]<Open[i+2]...Close[i+1]<Open[i+1] && Close[i+2]>Open[i+2]

drawing a line by these highs and lows is not a problem, but finding the price of the line cannot be solved; perhaps the reason lies in the names of these lines

string arrowName=TimeToStr(Time[i+1]);

ObjectCreate(arrowName,......);

Lankaster:

local highs and lows Close[i+1]>Open[i+1] && Close[i+2]<Open[i+2]...Close[i+1]<Open[i+1] && Close[i+2]>Open[i+2]

Are these levels?

What is their price?

Aleksey Vyazmikin:

Are these levels?

What is their price?

I think that's how levels are defined, by the extrema of these formations

It is not a problem to draw a line by these highs and lows but I cannot find the price of this line - perhaps the reason lies in the names of these lines

Lankaster:

I think that levels are determined by the extrema of these formations

It is not a problem to draw a line by these highs and lows, but it is impossible to find the price of this line; perhaps the reason lies in the names of these lines

So you want to draw levels by hand and have the program find them and read the price?

Aleksey Vyazmikin:

So, you want to draw levels and have the program find them and read the price?

No, the indicator will draw them using the algorithmClose[i+1]>Open[i+1] && Close[i+2]<Open[i+2]...Close[i+1]<Open[i+1] && Close[i+2]>Open[i+2].

I cannot find the prices of these levels, so when these formations (lines) are broken, the indicator draws an icon for example