Profit percentage for the week - page 6

khorosh:

Are you psychologically prepared for a 97.9% drawdown?

If you've invested a penny, maybe. But if it's serious money, only insane people are capable of it).

I would, because it's only about 15% of the profits made. Do you want to make more profits without risking 15% of the profits you make? Then, Forex is not for you. Note, you only take the risk, but you never lose. And the absolute drawdown is not more than 2% of the possible profit. Are there other better options? Understand that this drawdown is obtained as a result of the funds received from the market itself. These are not your funds. A large drawdown is a harbinger of large profits. Remember: no drawdowns, no profits. Trading without drawdowns is the exception rather than the rule.

yosuf:
Ready, because it's only about 15% of the profits you make. Do you want to make more profits without risking 15% of the profits you make? Then, Forex is not for you. Note, you only take the risk, but you never lose. And the absolute drawdown is not more than 2% of the possible profit. Are there other better options? Understand that this drawdown is obtained as a result of the funds received from the market itself. These are not your funds. A large drawdown is a harbinger of large profits. Remember: no drawdowns, no profits. Trading without drawdowns is the exception rather than the rule.

I myself allow large drawdowns, because I use Expert Advisors with martin. But I can live with 50% at the most. You should agree that 97.9% is too much. If you want to be sure that you will never lose any profit, you should have a serious reason, confirmed by many years of successful real-time trading. Never say never).

khorosh:
I myself allow large drawdowns as I use EAs with martin. But the maximum I can tolerate is 50%. And 97.9% is too much, don't you agree? If you want to be sure that you will never lose any profit, you should have a serious reason, confirmed by many years of successful real-time trading. Never say never).

Look at the nature of the equity graph over almost 5 years of trading: at the beginning the oscillations, i.e. drawdowns, are large, then the oscillations subside as opposed to the open orders come to equilibrium and then the equity curve runs parallel to the balance curve and turns into a straight line. Consequently, this strategy needs to get over the drawdown disease and then the drawdowns will not be so noticeable.

yosuf:
Look at the nature of the equity graph over almost 5 years of trading: at the beginning the fluctuations, i.e. drawdowns, are large, then the fluctuations subside as unclosed opposite orders come to balance and then the equity curve runs parallel to the balance curve and turns into a nearly straight line. Consequently, this strategy needs to get over the drawdown disease and then the drawdowns will not be so noticeable.

Do not be seduced by the beautiful pictures of the tester. The 97.9% figure spoils the whole report.

yosuf:

Absolutely right, you just need to know the pattern of placing orders and not be afraid:

Losing trades (% of all) 245 (1.01%)

Maximum number ofcontinuous losses (loss) 242 (-2949249.30)

Average continuous losses - 123

There are only 245 losses, of which 242 are obtained in the same series. How can that be? It looks very much like a fluke. In that case, the result of the trade is also a fluke.

ratnasambhava:
There are only 245 losses, of which 242 are obtained in the same series. How can that be? It looks very much like a fluke. In such a case, the trading result is also an accident.
242 are the result of forced closing of losing positions at the end of the testing period.

yosuf:
242 - result of forced closure at the end of the test period.

Then everything is clear. There are no losing trades, as it were. You close deals at takeprofit, but there are no stops at all or they are very big. And of course almost all the time trades hang in the loss.

yosuf:
Ready, because it's only about 15% of the profits you make. Do you want to make more profits without risking 15% of the profits you make? Then, Forex is not for you. Note, you only take the risk, but you never lose. And the absolute drawdown does not exceed 2% of the possible profit. Are there other better options? Understand that this drawdown is obtained as a result of the funds received from the market itself. These are not your funds. A large drawdown is a harbinger of large profits. Remember: no drawdowns, no profits. Trading without drawdowns is the exception rather than the rule.

This goes in the annals, thank you!

so the trader has $50 on the webmeny by opening a cent account of 100 cents. From here it is possible to enter the market 50 times and the trader's capital is insured against all broker's tricks, i.e. force majeure events!

A drawdown of 97 per cent is a long dead account, there should be an explanation of what kind of drawdown it is...

By the way, there is no spread in the tester, even if only the EUR is used, this 5 - year test is very far from reality, in reality with several hundred trades, will be eaten up by several figures with a lot of one of the open orders)) and this is only for one spread deduction per day. And there will be 365 of these in a year.