Absolute courses - page 102

Dr.F.:

grell, can you define your concept of "POWER OF VALUE"?

I haven't figured out what parrots to count in yet:) I'll let you know when I figure it out.

grell:

Arithmetic ananism.

Yeah, whatever, as long as you come... and think.

Here, for example, there is SILENCE... :-)

Roman.:

Yeah, whatever, as long as it's over... and think.

Here, for example, there is SILENCE... :-)

Ananism is a strictly personal and private activity:))))))))))))) It's a codependent state of mind where the orgasm is not from the result, but when your arms are tired:))))))

grell:

Ananism is a purely personal and private activity :))))))))))))) It's the kind of coddling state where the orgasm is not from the result, but when your arms are tired :))))))

:-)

Beautiful! :-)

+ when it's pouring and pouring... (I'm talking about the deep on the bill) :-)

That's probably when - FULL "ananism", but not just "when your arms are tired". :-)

Dr.F.:
A funny rework of my algorithm I did... no physical idea behind it, just arithmetic tricks of the ears... Problem: EURUSD, GBPUSD does not give us an idea of the correlation between EUR and GBP. For if we calculate the correlation for EURJPY and GBPJPY on the same interval, we will get another number, for EURCHF and GBPCHF - the third one and so on. It all depends on the quote currency that is mixed in. Let's set the problem this way: we need to represent some dependence of a new value - parrot - on dollar (or something else, everything is recalculated anyway), so that euro/popup and pound/popup, that is if we use parrot as quoted currency, correlate with coefficient = 1. Implemented with ease and simplicity... I'm thinking what's the point of it :-)

Choose three currency pairs with three currencies and time frame, show your parrots:)

All these "absolute" rates are the way to nowhere. It is possible to identify approximately how much each currency contributes to the movement of a pair, but...

At the very beginning of this thread the author made an important hypothesis - if the movement of a pair is caused by the dynamics of both currencies, then this movement is more likely to continue. In his opinion, it was a natural assumption not requiring calculation.

In fact, there is no such thing - there is no probability skew. So there is no point in having "absolute" rates. They do not provide a trading advantage like all currency indices.

Demi:

All these "absolute" rates are the way to nowhere. It is possible to identify approximately how much each currency contributes to the movement of a pair, but...

At the very beginning of this thread the author made an important hypothesis - if the movement of a pair is caused by the dynamics of both currencies, then this movement is more likely to continue. In his opinion, it was a natural assumption not requiring calculation.

In fact, there is no such thing - there is no probability skew. So there is no point in having "absolute" rates. They do not provide a trading advantage like all currency indices.

The first line is spot on. No buts.

Dr.F.: ... already without a physical idea at its core, just arithmetical tricks of the ears... EURUSD, GBPUSD do not give us an idea of the correlation between EUR and GBP. For if we calculate the correlation for EURJPY and GBPJPY on the same interval, we will get another number, for EURCHF and GBPCHF - the third one and so on. It all depends on the quote currency that is mixed in. Let's set the problem this way: we need to represent some dependence of a new value - parrot - on dollar (or something else, everything is recalculated anyway), so that euro/popup and pound/popup, that is if we use parrot as quoted currency, correlate with coefficient = 1. Implemented with ease and simplicity... Here's thinking what's the point of it :-)
From here
hrenfx: ... Recycle finds the relationship in the FI set. Therefore it can easily find "majors" in the original set of FIs. Moreover, the Recycle method is exactly up to par (USD or JPY), unlike correlation methods.
to Dr.F. Have you looked at it?

grell:

Ananism is a strictly personal and private activity:))))))))))))) It's the kind of coddling state where the orgasm is not from the result, but when your arms are tired:))))))

Onanism is right. In the name of the shepherd Onan, who used interrupted intercourse for contraception (first described case).

tara:

Onanism is right. On behalf of shepherd Onan....

One can only envy such mastery of the subject)

Demi:

They don't give a trading advantage like all currency indices.

I don't know about "absolutes", but for the rest I hope to refute you soon.... And in general such claims are ridiculous: TA doesn't work, the earth is flat, indices are bum.... They only mean that someone: couldn't, didn't understand, didn't want to, not interested, didn't succeed, found something else.... I couldn't - no one can? It's naive, I might not be able to do it either, I'm not very industrious, very lazy, overburdened and basically unmotivated. But I won't claim that indexes don't work after that.

Dr.F.: ...

Doctor, what's missing? Shall we show something worthy to these sceptics?)