Absolute courses - page 7

Dr.F.:
I don't smoke, Voldemar.

I smoke, do you have any?

Joperniiteatr:

I'm a smoker, you got any?

Can we make it a three-way?)

Hint one. It is possible to solve the system with some additional assumptions. For example, you can invent the following connection equation: you can force the sum of "absolute rates" to be zero: E+P+D=0. By the way, then it is easier not to write out the derivatives, but to prologarithm them. The logarithm of the eurodollar is the difference of the logarithm of "pure euro" and "pure dollar".
We can trivially calculate separately E, P, and D. The only problem is that our "third equation" is out of thin air, does not follow from anywhere and, what is worse, imposes on us the wrong nature of the connection between E, P, and D. Any idea how to "come up with" a more reasonable connection? Or do the impossible: solve without additional assumptions?

By the way, I found a good thread, I'll explain what I meant to say with the link, there was an argument with someone. 2 lower postshttps://www.mql5.com/ru/forum/124324/page22

Dr.F.:
Hint one. It is possible to solve the system with some additional assumptions. For example, you can invent the following connection equation: you can force the sum of "absolute rates" to be zero: E+P+D=0. By the way, it is easier not to write out the derivatives, but to prologarithm them. The logarithm of the eurodollar is the difference of the logarithm of "pure euro" and "pure dollar".
We can trivially calculate separately E, P, and D. The only problem is that our "third equation" is out of thin air, does not follow from anywhere and, what is worse, imposes on us the wrong nature of the connection between E, P, and D. Any idea how to "come up with" a more reasonable connection? Or do the impossible: solve it without additional assumptions?

E+P+D=0 is already wrong!

Dr.F.:
Hint one. It is possible to solve the system with some additional assumptions. For example, you can invent the following connection equation: you can force the sum of "absolute rates" to be zero: E+P+D=0. By the way, it is easier not to write out the derivatives, but to prologarithm them. The logarithm of the eurodollar is the difference of the logarithm of "pure euro" and "pure dollar".
We can trivially calculate separately E, P, and D. The only problem is that our "third equation" is out of thin air, does not follow from anywhere and, what is worse, imposes on us the wrong nature of the connection between E, P, and D. Any idea how to "come up with" a more reasonable connection? Or do the impossible: solve it without additional assumptions?

I do not understand, you seem to know the maths, and you understand that the problem has no unique solution, so why bury it until the blue moon?

grell:

E+P+D=0 is already wrong!

That's what I'm saying. That's what I'm saying. That a third coupling equation can be invented.But here's the problem: this "third equation" is out of thin air, doesn't follow from anywhere and what's worse, it imposes on us the wrong nature of the connection between E, P, and D.Any idea how to "come up with" a more reasonable connection? Or do the impossible: solve it without additional assumptions?

alsu:

I don't get it, you seem to know the maths and understand that there is no single solution, so why keep banging on about it until you are blue in the face?

I'm going to demonstrate the solution.

alsu:

I don't get it, you seem to know the maths and understand that there is no single solution, so why keep banging on about it until you are blue in the face?

There are many solutions, the topicstarter is looking for (knows) a clarifying equation.