Not the Grail, just a regular one - Bablokos!!! - page 394

Here you go, doughnuts with a twist.

10 days loss, 3 days gain...

that's 100 points you have in mind... you make a target of 35 and they will be every day :)

Aleksander:
that's 100 points you have in mind... you make a target of 35 and they will be every day :)

Uh-huh

I'll text you in person.

Is it worth introducing a volatility coefficient at all? On the one hand, the drawdown should be less due to better hedging, but it is also more difficult to achieve a decent profit, because the pairs will run apart less relative to each other. In the extreme case, if pairs would move synchronously, there would be no profit. From the same point of view: it is hardly reasonable to use pairs with very high correlation, for the same reason.

But on the other hand they will cross more often and there will be more deals (though with smaller profit). So this is a double-edged sword. Only in the MT5 tester we can determine the best way. I guess I will have to master MT5 after all.

P.S. However, volatility should be taken into account, at least for those pairs in which it differs much. For example GBPJPY and CADCHF.

khorosh:

It's only in the MT5 tester that you can tell what's best. I guess I will have to learn MT5 after all.

It is not necessary, Aleksander tests in the MT4 indicator, by candle close.

I made my expo this week, now I'm testing it on a cent real. So far it works on 8 symbols, 4 hedges, closing of aggregate position by virtual trawl or manually by pressing the button or selectively individual hedges using the script. In the beginning I did not take volatility into account and seemed to achieve planned profit more often. Today I considered volatility and closed only once with decent profit, although there were many moments when it was possible to close the aggregate position with a small profit. I will keep watching, maybe I will have to decrease the virtual trawl threshold. I have been working on it for a while, but I'm getting profit more often. In total, it might not be a bad thing.

khorosh:
In the beginning I did not consider the volatility and seemed to achieve the planned profit more often. Today I considered volatility and closed one position with decent profit only, though I had many moments when I could close a complex position with small profit. I will keep watching, maybe I will have to lower the virtual trawl threshold.

The alignment of lots is necessary for correct work of MM: if one synthetic is in minus position the other one must have enough volatility to cover losses.

In general I am a theorist so far, I haven't got into practice yet :)

Dialog22:

The alignment of lots is necessary for correct work of MM: if one synthetic is in minus position the other one must have enough volatility to cover losses.

In general, I'm a theorist so far, I haven't reached practice yet :)

I am aware of that - I wrote above that taking volatility into account reduces drawdown. If there is high correlation and volatility and point value are taken into account, ideally the drawdown can be very small due to mutual hedging of pairs.

also wrote a simple EA, TP SL on equity today ran it on demo

Right :) practice is the criterion of truth :)