Not the Grail, just a regular one - Bablokos!!! - page 387

Aleksander:

No - that indicator will also work - I don't remember if there is a point from the beginning of the day... - the slippage depends on the zero point :) - you can take the beginning of the day or any other time (indicator readings).

i use an indicator

//+------------------------------------------------------------------+
//|instrument.mq4 |
//|Denis Orlov |
Displaying of candles of any instrument, synchronisation on bars or on day
http://codebase.mql4.com/ru/6637
Displaying of candles of any instrument, synchronisation on bars or on days.
http://codebase.mql4.com/ru/6638

and corrected something about vertical shift...

DaySynch parameter - selects the beginning of the day as an example

A very interesting topic. Help me understand how to use it . I want dablokos)

Aleksander

so 9am indiscriminately sell EUR bay cross or are we still guided by the spread somehow ?

Aleksander:
No - it is chosen individually for each instrument - but practically not less than/about 50 pips - so that there is some economic sense of sitting at the monitor during the day :)

this figure is floating as i understand it, although at 50 it looks like grail

novad:

Aleksander

so 9am indiscriminately sell EUR bay cross or are we still guided by the spread somehow ?

it's ok at 9am indiscriminately - we start with the first leg... although... before each day I usually do an analysis of the last 2 weeks - which legs triggered more often... If it works, it's an indirect sign of ongoing trend - start with the first leg - no difference in the results - which leg to open a new day :)

SZS - if anything - the market will correct you - by pulling down your bets on the crowbar side... then you'll flip automatically...

Anatolii Zainchkovskii:

The problem is that it is possible to build such a trend with a portfolio, but to expect it to move further in this form...

but it all depends on the targets... if the portfolio will show 100 pips minimum "trend" with no reaction within 20 pips - then such portfolio may be used for pyramiding - even if the current trend breaks - you have at least 30-50 tries to start with minimal starting lot - before you start to increase the lot size... The current trend is still going strong ... If you don't know how many lots you are trying to bet, you may start a trend of 10.0 pips at once ...

And just calculate - how many trends end up with rollback (by lowing the starting lot) - and how many will work the entire movement (at least 100.0 pips 4hz sign) - it will take you a couple of hours - but you will see the prospects for portfolio pyramiding ...

Zy - even the previous example... although... - make a picture of maximum compression bars - hours or 4 hours - to fit into the picture 1 or 2 years - well, and the same grid... at least visually evaluate...

Aleksander:

But it all depends on the goals... If portfolio will show 100 pips minimum "trend" with no return within 20 pips - then this portfolio can be used in pyramiding - even if the current trend breaks - you have at least 30-50 tries to start with minimal starting lot - before you start to increase the lot ... The current trend is still going strong ... If you don't know how many lots you are trying to bet, you may start a trend of 10.0 pips with a small initial lot ...

And just calculate - how many trends end with rollback (lotsik initial lot)- and how many will work the entire movement (at least 100.0 points 4hz sign) - it will take a couple of hours - but it will be visible the prospects for pyramiding portfolio ...

Zy - even the previous example... although... - make a picture of the maximum compression bars - hours or 4 hours - to fit into a picture of 1 or 2 years - well, the same grid ... at least visually evaluate...

I understand the principle of calculation. But I will correct it a little bit. If the trend is built for the specified period, probably it would be better to check the processing of the pyramid on the forward. And then calculate the number of losses we got in a row and the number of those worked off by the pyramid. As I remember, the theory of pyramid is that the risk is always the same, while the profit increases with each added trade. I try to do five steps with 100ppts (in my case it is dollars) with 20ppts. If I understand correctly, it is the calculation of lots that will determine how many times we need to increase the starting lot.

Anatolii Zainchkovskii:

I understand the principle of calculation. But I will correct it a bit. Since the trend is built for a specified period, it would probably be better to check the pyramid's performance on the forward. And then calculate the number of losses we got in a row and the number of those worked off by the pyramid. As I remember, the risk is always the same according to the pyramid theory, while the profit increases with each added trade. I try to do five steps with 100ppts (in my case it is dollars) with 20ppts. If I understand correctly, it is the calculation of losses that will determine how many times we need to increase the starting lot.

For example, if you do 5 steps of 20 pips for 100 pips, then your loss on any pullback = -20 pips - and your gain is 620 pips, i.e. the payoff is 31 to 1 - i.e. 31 tries with an initial lot in a row might be a loss, and you will get it back on the 32nd :)

если портфель будет демонстрировать участки "тренда" минимум 100 пунктов с безоткатным в пределах 20 пунктов движение...

... then it's news volatility and so can be traded without a portfolio

transcendreamer:

... it's news volatility and you can trade without a portfolio

trades cannot be placed on news - they will always requote - and sometimes by +-80 pips at a time with slippage... no - we don't need that kind of hockey :)

Make a simple portfolio move without pullbacks :) and then quit the factory :)