Pure maths, physics, chemistry, etc.: brain-training tasks that have nothing to do with trade [Part 2] - page 12

Aleksander: Can the helper change the pronunciation of the cards in different representations - like first the suit then the denomination, or vice versa - the denomination then the suit? (then the direction of counting can be told with the first card) ....

No, that was said first, it's already cheating.

It doesn't matter if it says queen of clubs, queen of crosses, woman with a cross or whatever. It's all the same, and you can't draw information from it.

No - I meant that you can refuse the cycle by calling for example a suit and denomination - that means subtract from the key (the 1st card) and saying Denomination the suit then add to the key card - (and the number 1-6 is coded by the remaining 3 cards)

Mathemat:

For now. I could have put it in humour, but it's probably more appropriate here...

It's a very sad story. You've only got the beginning of it .

I've been crying all day ((

Aleksander:
No - I meant that you can refuse the cycle by calling for example a suit and denomination - that means to subtract from the key (the 1st card) and by saying Nominal the suit then add to the key card - (and the number 1-6 is coded by the remaining 3 cards)

It is not necessary to subtract or add anything for permutation coding.

And to change the order of suit/nominal announcement Alexey forbade long time ago, otherwise the problem would be easy

MetaDriver: You don't need to subtract or add anything.

Yes, but you have to remember the changes... But Hakopian, I think, was quite up to it.

Mischek2: A very sad story. You have only the beginning.

And where to see the sequel?

Mathemat:

Yes, but you have to remember the changes... But Akopian, I think, was perfectly capable of doing that.

Usually (or rather often) poems are used for this purpose. Four words in a line, one encoding the first digit and the second. In total there are eight numbers in one four-line stanza.

Three stanzas of nonsense verse to learn is rubbish. I memorised eight - a looped round of the chessboard with a knight's move. Then I did wonders in the park, I could go all the way round the board from any square. The technology is clear, I think.

How do 6 matches make 1 isosceles triangle and 3 isosceles triangles (not isosceles)? Do not break. Do not stack one match on top of another. No free ends of matches should be left.

Explanation: isosceles is exactly isosceles, not equilateral. That is, the two sides are equal, but not equal to the third.

Specially for Aleksander: don't google!!! We all know how to do it.

P.S. I ran the problem in my brain and twisted it for a couple of days. The solution came quite unexpectedly and from the wrong side of where I dug. Good mosxlomayka.

Mathemat:

Yes, but you have to remember the changes... But Hakopian, I think, was quite up to it.

Where do we see the sequel?

The problem has a simple solution. You just need to learn how to read the coding of which number represents the sequence of three cards. The seniority of the cards is set in the usual way - first the suit, then the denomination. The order of precedence sets the coding.

Now for the solution. Out of five cards, there are two of the same suit. If the difference in values is greater than 6, the highest card must be presented first, otherwise the lowest one. We know the suit. With the remaining three cards the distance to the unshown card is given, the number from 1 to 6. Counting is done from the card shown to the ring.

That's it.

Mislaid: Everything.
Yes, that's right. Very easy and simple. The magician doesn't even have to strain himself.

Mathemat:

How do 6 matches make 1 isosceles triangle and 3 isosceles triangles (not isosceles)? Do not break. Do not stack one match on top of another. No loose ends of the matches should be left.

This one was solved on the fly.