Which is more important - the entrance or the exit? Is the entry point even important? Is the exit point even important? - page 11

dimeon:
No one is confused by the topicstarter's flawed thinking ?

What do you think is flawed?

IgorM:

Yeah, basically I was expecting a platitude in the form of: "well look at the history..."

Yes you're right, the only way to make money in the market is to have clear rules of entry and exit, with periodic analysis of system profitability

No offence, I didn't mean any of that pathetic bullshit. I don't think it's necessary and interesting to describe my trading. Maybe we should ask the author to summarize the topic? It would be a good rule for all threads.

For example summing up, I can suggest - that there are at least two ways to solve this problem:

1) Entry by market - (probability of correct entry is very high), but in view of the fact that it will be a series of confirming signals, we are likely to enter later, in this case the exit is important - as a means of maximizing profits . In this case the exit is more important.

2) Entry outside the market. Operation with pending orders. In this case we are searching for highs - for sells and buys (therefore the probability of correctness is lower), but the exit in this case will be of secondary importance. In this case entry is more important.

dimeon:
No one is confused by the topicstarter's flawed thinking ?
No. No, he's not. After all, he's laughing at the end of his post.

TheXpert:

It may not be at closing time. More likely it is.

What's wrong with it?

Entry is more important than exit for trend systems, where the direction of the trend is important. For flat systems, entry and exit are equivalent

Avals:

1. Entry is more important than exit for trend systems where the trend direction is important.

2. For fluxed systems, input and output are equivalent

1. Yeah, if you're also going to exit on Pawkas: "Not enough? Greed leads to poverty. Enough is enough." that would be a beauty! :-) Slow drainage at the expense of the spread. It is also important, IMHO, to wait for the profit on trend TP without leaving the position on pullback, but filling up...

2. It is necessary in any TS - to watch and test inputs and outputs in isolation, i.e. separately from each other. Then, put everything together in optics. Then choose flat variant of input/output parameters.

P.S. I would like to read the branch author's thoughts on its sub-heading...

Roman.:

P.S. I'd like to read the branch author's thoughts on her subject...

There is no thought here.

Entry is risk management and exit is fixing the result. Fixed in the TA postulate: "cut risk, let profits grow". Different concepts like accelerator and brake pedal in a car: the car is the same, but the pedals are different and cannot be compared. There have been a few posts attempting to veer off the path of flubbing, but the topicstarter has brutally stopped those attempts. So it's just fun in places ......

faa1947:

There is no thought here.

Entry is risk management and exit is fixing the result. It is fixed in the TA postulate: "cut risk, let profits grow". Different concepts like the accelerator and the brake pedal in a car: the car is the same, but the pedals are different and cannot be compared. There have been a few posts attempting to turn from the path of flubbing, but the topicstarter has harshly suppressed those attempts. So in some places it's just fun .......

the pedal analogy is very apt. +100

And the thread has been more productive than expected...

;)

The pedal analogy is very apt. +100

And the branch has been more productive than expected...

;)

It's an interesting topic in general. There's an article on five on the subject.

It is especially interesting for me because it seems to me (I cannot find the article) that I read an article which proves that if the profit factor for an TS in trades (and not in pips or depo currency) is greater than 0.3(!), then such a TS may be profitable due to MM. The statistics was mentioned in the article. My experience with MM shows that this seems to be true, but it seems to me that this is a dangerous path.

Maybe anyone has a link to the article. I think I read it at least 5 years ago 2005-2007

Or can anyone repeat the proof

Or can someone refute it? I don't rule out the article being a dream. But the idea itself is noteworthy.

faa1947:

I find this particularly interesting because I think (can't find the article) that I read an article which proves that if the profit factor for a TS in trades (not pips or depo currency) is greater than 0.3(!), then such a TS can be made profitable by MM. The statistics was mentioned in the article. My experience with MM shows that it seems to be true, but it seems to me to be a dangerous way.

He seems to be a big uncle... And believes in fairy tales.

TheXpert:
He's a big man... He believes in fairy tales.

I believe in evidence, which I always double-check.

Do you have proof of a fairy tale?