Which is more important - the entrance or the exit? Is the entry point even important? Is the exit point even important? - page 3

solar:

The priority of the exit point over the entry point is higher.

paukas:
Entry. With the right entry, the exit is not important.

Two polarities with no explanation ) can you describe it?

TheXpert:

The answer should not depend on the trading system used.

The answer is DEFINITELY dependent on the type of system. Imho, of course.

So the problem statement is not correct.

Azzx:

The answer is DEFINITELY dependent on the type of system.

Or does the system depend on the answer?

TheXpert:

Two polarities with no explanation ) can you explain?

The entry is the default for me, and the exit determines how much you take in. so the exit is more important, anyway we are pursuing the same goal - profit.

solar:
so exit is more important, either way we have one goal - profit.
So exit is more important just because it fixes profits?

TheXpert:
So output is more important just because it captures profits?

I may be wrong, but I am always willing to listen to other people's opinions with interest.

solar:
imho - yes. because only it will actually determine the profitability of the system.

Absolutely any trade (both entry and exit) can be looked at as a portfolio restructuring.

And another thing. Don't you think that exiting with an eye to profit looks a bit illogical?

TheXpert:

Absolutely any trade (both entry and exit) can be looked at as a portfolio restructuring.

One more thing. Don't you think that exiting with an eye to profit seems a bit illogical?

Hm. I myself exit not by profit but by a certain condition, and often not all of the potential profit is selected, which is incredibly annoying ))))) . this is a point I'm still working on unsuccessfully.

With a proper entry, the exit point is known in advance. But it is not a hard target because the market situation can change dramatically. Imho of course.

I believe that in terms of risk, the entry point is more important - there will be less position drawdown.

The exit point (conditions) is more important for money management, including with a minimum loss.

If you think in terms of one trade, there will be a lot of paradoxes and the answer is simple.

We should (again, imho) use unfashionable averaging and other improvements (without Martingale) and work on entry as a way to improve a position with a fixed risk, and on exit as a way to maximize profit with the same fixed risk - then there will be a system.

;)