Forget random quotes - page 21

C-4

In reality, the future is unknown, and therefore one cannot look into it.

Mischek2

No drama.

A little bit of intrigue:

IMHO

Forex is sinful to a fault, that's its purpose and its share of weakness.

In REALITY, sometimes the future is clear.

Andrei01:
(It's interesting to see how you will keep imagining thousands of random bars in your head and at the same time manage to program something. ))

Information is necessary, but only for the current moment. There is no sense in storing it only to draw it on a chart.

In case of a redrawing indicator I am interested in its values on 0,1,2, ... At the same time I know very well that its values will change on the next bar. But my decision is made here and now, and I use this information to the fullest extent. I don't care that the indicator may show something different in a minute, if it is so, it will affect my decision in the future. At the same time I don't need information from the previous bar, which has already been redrawn, because I used that information in the past, and it is not important to me now. The principle is exactly the same as without re-drawing, the only difference is that yesterday, now and then the indicator values are different.

PS If it is interesting to see, how I program, without looking at the chart, I can arrange a session for a modest fee) Actually, I have already seen and know, what I do, when I write the program.

Mischek2:
And put stickers of the United Russia on all the zzz's

and get Sanka to do it.

Let him sit there and stick it up.

The future, of course, is unknown... However, if there is an adequate model of the process, it is possible to construct its evolutionary continuation, which will be the actual prediction, or an attempt to look into the future.

In the brain-training problems thread here I recently proposed a problem which I am now going around in circles... a very challenging task ;)

But no one seemed to be interested in it... and it was not the right place for it...

This problem requires consideration and construction of vector fields, streams, etc... But as soon as flows, jets and other attributes are defined, it immediately opens up the possibility to "look into the future" a bit ;)

Well, that's just a saying...

Mathemat:

But in the tester - if you pre-build a ZZ on the whole story - it will peek

Fractals too? Well, that's a substitution of concepts.

TheXpert:
Fractals too? Well, that's a substitution of notions.

It turns out that yes.... ..

If they were drawn 2 bars later - no.

TheXpert:
Fractals too? Well, that's a substitution of terms.

Well, C-4 jumped to history and tester and made it look as if that's what was discussed from the very beginning

Mathemat:

Andrei, well, it's simple. In real time there is no peek into the future, obviously: there is no future yet.

But in the tester - if preliminary ZZ is built on the whole history - there will be a glimpse, because one can tell about the formed kink only after several bars. And on the history - here they are all formed, because the "future" on the right side has already been processed by ZZ for a long time.

See, that's what I'm saying. Moreover, there are platforms where this is the case. First we create indicator values for the entire history and then we re-run the robot on the history for which the indicator values have already been calculated in advance. And if in MT4 it is quite easy to bypass "looking through" (as alsu writes), because all indicators are dynamically built at the moment of zero bar, in other platforms it is not so, and we must be very clear that the same top ZZ in them is the result of the future. You have to delay the execution of the incoming signal yourself. And this can be a very non-trivial task, which complicates coding and makes the probability of a pseudo-grail much higher.

Andrei01:
(Some kind of contradictory logic.) If the indicator information is not necessary, why should it be calculated at all, moreover, redrawn? About imagination it is also somehow problematic, it's interesting to see how you will continuously imagine in your head a thousand random bars and still manage to program something at the same time. ))

The immutability of the past is the fate of demo accounts.

I am interested in evaluating the past to make a trading decision. When a bar comes in, I make an estimate of the past again. It is quite natural for me that this, previous, evaluation will change. Or maybe not, for example, I sit in the trend and do not change. But it is the changing assessment that is of interest. If we do not change (and we have nothing besides the past), then we will be rich only in the past and we can only be glad that this estimation has not changed, because we are not taking into account losing deposits - because we are looking into the future.

All the time I am talking about estimating the past and changing this estimation upon the arrival of a new bar. I don't see any objections on this particular point, although I may have missed

Mischek2:

C-4 jumped on the story and the tester and made it look like that's what we were discussing from the beginning.

Of course, you of all people should know what we've been discussing here. Your fevered mind has already crossed Zig-Zag with a united Russia. What's next? The holy MedvoPut name indicator shows up?