Why do you limit the maximum drawdown on the account? - page 8

sever32: say what everyone else thinks,

Well, maybe there is some rationality in what everyone thinks. ))))

sever32:

In a nutshell, why do we invest extra money, whether traders or investors?

Well, some traders want a statistically unreasonable margin of safety.)

I have never heard the answer. It will not save you from a nuclear bomb), or from corrosion.

And investors are another matter. Some "kick" the manager for drawdowns, despite the returns. You have to adjust.

LeoV:

Why should he dump everything?

You said a 20% drawdown was declared and then all of a sudden it's all gone.

This is exactly why the investor's losses are limited, because the trader first declares a 20% drawdown, and then he drains everything and declares that the investor must be prepared to drain everything. What does it have to do with losing everything if the trader says the drawdown is 20%?

And the investor is not ready to drain everything, he is ready to lose 20%. Are you forbidding him to do that? ))))

In saying what you say, you forget about the profit you were counting on, which you were counting on as a % of your investment. hmmm... but you limit your losses to 20 per cent.

In fact, the cornerstone is in my response to Dmitry's post above...

LeoV:

Well, maybe there is some rational reason in what everyone thinks? ))))

nope)))

I am like Salmon, against the current. maybe that's why I have 150th place in terms of profitability among ALL PAMM accounts older than 1.5 years?

sever32:

nope)))

I'm like Salmon, against the current. maybe that's why I have 150th place in terms of profitability among ALL PAMM accounts older than 1.5 years?

Fun jumping) Apparently getting ready for another jump, judging by the chart stats) Can I have the link?

jelizavettka:
It's hilarious bouncing) Can I get a link?

TS FUGU

sever32:

nope)))

I'm like Salmon, against the current. maybe that's why I have 150th place in terms of profitability among ALL PAMM accounts older than 1.5 years?

and jumping is depositing funds to save the deposit ? or how is it explained... ?...:-)))

zoritch:
and jumping is depositing funds to save the deposit ? or how is it explained... ?...:-)))

it's profit in %. it doesn't take into account non-trading operations.

maybe i'm stupid... but how can it be a six-month wait for an awesome deal or what ?...

(or guessing on nonfarms and see if one of the three gets lucky...?...:-))

"All the disadvantages of martin have been mitigated. I believe my TS allows me to reconsider some common perceptions about trading, drawdowns and the use of unpopular components such as martin and lock."

Golden words! I'm on my way to it myself.