Why do you limit the maximum drawdown on the account? - page 23

sever32:
where all account funds are used, i.e. where the loss limit is 100%

LeoV:

I mean 100%?

Gentlemen, I think you are confusing maximum load and maximum drawdown.

These are completely different things. Ideally, there should be maximum load at minimum (zero) drawdown.

When the deposit is loaded to 100% - there can be 0% drawdown.

LeoV:

I mean 100%?

So you are not using all of your funds - you are borrowing money from the brokerage company against your entire deposit, under the terms of leverage.

Do not confuse the flies with the cutlets - the flies are separate, the cutlets are separate ))))

When you deposit $100,000 on your account and trade 1 lot, then you are trading with what you have - i.e. using all of your funds.

And when you deposit $ 1000 and trade 1 lot, using 100 leverage, thus loading your deposit under 100% - this is pure self-deception. You just borrowed from the DC for your entire deposit.

on the other hand decided to go in:?)))

to understand the point, in our example the shoulders are not taken into account, or imagine that both examples use the same high leverage.

sever32:
I can set a loss limit of 20, I can set a loss limit of 100. in both cases it is equally likely that the drawdown will be achieved.
That's not what I mean. How often does a 20% drawdown occur and how often does a 100% drawdown occur?

DmitriyN:
That's not what I mean. How often does a 20% drawdown occur and how often does a 100% drawdown occur?

I haven't counted.

Roman.:

There was no loca. Interesting stuff at the end:

The portfolio is traded, 40% of it is traded by robots, and some long term positions are open, for example, in buy for the instrument, but at the same time this instrument is also traded short term, where the sell orders are present...

I should just ask a question on "locs" (as you write - with two "k "s) - sometime during his next webinar... :-)

If you want to get into the subject - "Hunting for Herczyk".

I've already watched the whole Hunt. I am currently watching all parts of A.G.'s workshop. It's interesting to listen to him. He's good.

jelizavettka:

_ He's good for it.

He's pouring water. He's a big money maker. He wants money.

DmitriyN:
Pouring water. He's promoting Finam. He wants money.

He's just interesting to listen to) It's better than pouring dry theory a lot.

jelizavettka:

I've already watched the whole hunt. Now I'm watching all the parts of A.G.'s seminar. It's interesting to listen to him. He's good.

Do you have a link? Googling "A.G. Seminar" spits up a lot of stuff.