RBCI + TTF = Profit? - page 16

faa1947:

then there's a lag, is that necessary? There's no need for lag.

Indicators are not needed at all as they usually have nothing to do with the quote. I have posted the calculation results several times.

Conventional non-transformable indicators provide honest information about the market that can be used to adequately judge about the market situation to make trading decisions. They do not lag or lead - they are honest. But overpriced ones are ahead, which leads to wrong trading decisions.

I understand your desire to get information about the future of the market, ahead of the market, but it cannot be done )))).

And where should the TTF use WindowRedraw() or something similar to update itself with every new bar? Let it cause slippage of signals on the history, but on the real one it will give a more accurate signal thanks to the recalculation "up to the end".

LeoV:

Conventional, non-transformable indicators provide honest information about the market which can be used to adequately judge the state of that market in order to make trading decisions. They do not lag or lead - they are honest. But overpriced ones are ahead, which leads to wrong trading decisions.

I understand your wish - you want to get information about the future of the market, ahead of the market, but it cannot be done )))).

I didn't say anything of the sort.

Some are lagging, others are overdrawing history.

I don't like both.

Before you use anything, you have to answer the question: does that particular indicator have anything to do with the quote. I've written above: proved several times that it doesn't. If you look at my posts, I've shown why they don't.

Arles:

This is how this TTF will behave NOT on the story, but in real life.

To avoid this, you must periodically press "Refresh" in the terminal - the TTF itself does not know how to refresh on a new bar.

Mendikero:
To avoid this, you should periodically press 'refresh' in the terminal - the TTF itself does not know how to refresh on a new bar.

Then it will redraw itself

Arles:

Then it will be redrawn.
Yeah, we've already established that. But it won't resemble a dying man's pulse.