What is the average length of time it takes to understand the processes and identify some of the hidden patterns in forex? - page 7

trollolo:

But I don't understand how it came to be that he was doing so productively the other 7 years earlier, essentially nothing at all since his appearance on the forum started with a discussion from the bottom .

It's just that those 7 years were not so "productive". Success is not measured by the number of years or the baggage of knowledge.

AlexeyFX:

Isn't it possible that a problem based on a simple and sensible idea can only be solved by complicated methods?

I have a grail (or so I think, I haven't checked it yet). But I don't have a machine that can calculate it in a reasonable amount of time. What am I supposed to do now? I don't have any simpler ideas, it doesn't seem to be any simpler...

I would say that an idea may be simple to grasp, but its implementation is not simple.

ask:

Are you saying (to paraphrase you): the market is simple and you can make money on it using fairly simple and primitive methods?

You see, my idea is as simple as a kopeck, but you cannot understand it. It is too deep for you yet. This is a good example of what I am talking about: the depth of thought is inversely proportional to its simplicity. It is much harder to understand and accept a simple thought than a clever one - we have just witnessed that.

What is the average length of time it takes to understand the processes and identify some of the hidden patterns in forex

I think it depends more on luck and talent than on education and timing. As the saying goes "Some people play chess well and others play it badly, and there's nothing you can do about it...".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SNGKkRmWQxI

moskitman:

... Well, let's say, if each of you were offered an Expert Advisor that gives 20% to 75% of a deposit per month for free, how many of you would have enough money not to look for something else? In order not to try to increase its profitability, to smooth out drawdowns (even though they are not there) and not to try to add something else to it? There is bound to be a clever person with a decompiler for whom an idea is more important than money.

The professionals won't have enough. The Expert Advisor will be decompiled, "taken apart for parts", all the reasons of its operation will be found out, the entire history will be analyzed for all currency pairs. Hypothetically. And then there will be a depression, because of the realisation of "wrongly lived years".

AlexeyFX:

Isn't it possible that a problem based on a simple and sensible idea can only be solved by complicated methods?

I have a grail (or so I think, I haven't tested it yet). But there is no machine capable of calculating it in a reasonable amount of time. What am I supposed to do now? I have no simpler ideas, there is no simpler way...

If you want to use complicated methods, at least never forget what you are using them for and always clearly justify why you cannot do otherwise. Always remember what you are counting and don't focus on how you are counting.

C-4:
If you want to use sophisticated methods, at least never forget what you are using them for and always clearly justify why you cannot do otherwise. Always remember what you are counting and do not focus on how you are counting.

If you understand what you're counting and why, but the speed of calculation does not allow you to use it, then it's important to pay attention to how you're counting, it's not the most important thing in understanding the market, but it's necessary for trading.

Svinotavr:

Professionals will not be satisfied. The Expert Advisor will be decompiled, "taken apart for parts", all the reasons for its operation will be found out, all the history will be investigated, for all the currency pairs. Hypothetically. And then there will be a depression, because of the realisation of "wrongly lived years".

That's what I'm talking about, Dima - who's looking for what... Who came to earn, has already earned and continues to earn, and who came to program, then go there.
It's called "value substitution": You came for money, mastered MQL4 and started earning by writing Expert Advisors... That's awesome!

moskitman:
That's what I'm talking about, Dima - who is looking for what... Who came to earn, has already earned and continues to earn, and who came to program, then that's the way to go.
It's called "value substitution": You came for money, mastered MQL4 and started earning by writing Expert Advisors... Awesome!

You may think that the market is far from the market, but you may not succeed (you may come, you sell, you leave)))

It's not enough to just come and trade, you sound like a lecturer at a DT)))

trollolo:

you see, you win. only it's not like that with many people - you come, you lose, you go, and then it's a chain of those three words)))

you don't just come and trade, you sound like a teacher at a brokerage house))))

You may be right: come, see, win. Would you personally be satisfied with a grail with a yield of 20% per month so you don't have to dig in any more?