[Archive!] FOREX - Trends, Forecasts & Consequences (Episode 12: February 2012) - page 290

What about the EONIA_SWAP bets from ECB, since Jan 16th there is a divergence in the bets and the spot euro, i.e. is the euro going up just a correction from the trend to the bottom?

Does the Commandant of a besieged fortress have the right to leave the fortress to negotiate?
These are the exact words I will recall from Michel Montaigne's book, Experiments.

Lucius Marcius, a Roman legate, during the war with Perseus, king of Macedonia, in order to win time to get his army ready for battle, started peace negotiations, and the king, deceived by them, concluded a truce for a few days, thus giving the enemy the opportunity and time to arm and prepare himself, which led to the final defeat of Perseus.
Greece is becoming more and more a Perseus to defeat, long negotiations about which companies should be nationalised, merging all the pernion funds into one, cutting the minimum wage by 20% if I am not mistaken and much more, all this negotiating before the fight. Some blatantly long discussions, sometimes the whole situation is beginning to resemble some kind of mass psychosis. And the impression is that all this is just dragging out the time before the fight )))

The Eurodollar showed lows on Friday in my view on fears of what will happen with the "fortress" there and how will the weekend battle go? The dolar index is poised and ready for a run down. A verbal intervention about oil at 130 baht minimum would be reminiscent of a preliminary shelling by archers (taking the fortress is a matter of time - no more). In summary the eurodollar has given good levels for buying, if on Monday they don't gap up I think they may buy from the current levels, if they do then you have to look at the situation. Profits and less losing.

strangerr:

a little update, you had two lucky "exits" on Friday, the second time really more. the current spot is 1.31955. the high is 1.3204. look at what's in your terminal.

Thank you!!!

And I have this kind of closure

Alex_K:
And I have this kind of closure

Your broker just closes 2 hours early.

MobileMan:

you just have a broker that closes 2 hours early
I wonder if that's good or bad)In fact it opens 2 hours early then)

Alex_K:
I wonder if this is good or bad)In fact, it opens 2 hours earlier then)

This is bad because anything can happen in those two hours. That is, in fact, equivalent to a 2-hour breakdown of communication.

And the fact that the broker will open 2 hours earlier is of no use, because the Japs will start trading only at the beginning of their session.

Alex_K:
I wonder if this is good or bad)In fact it opens 2 hours earlier then)

from mr numba )))) there will be no clearing 2 hours earlier )))) you get noise and a randomised quoting machine dc )))

Alex_K:
I wonder if this is good or bad)In fact it opens 2 hours earlier then)
Yeah, like a liquor store.