[Archive!] FOREX - Trends, Forecasts & Consequences (Episode 12: February 2012) - page 22

emotraid:

I also think that probability is probable if expected expectation is expected, then it will come true ))))))))))))))))))))

it is of course if, but nevertheless.

Tantrik:
Hello! Where did you get the buy signal so early? In the evening it all changed - I lost hope and took off my stops and went to bed, after Asia (Moscow time zone 8:30 - or it has not finished yet) I looked again at the buy signal! (pattern "for three")

The EA is still in profit, because it does not jerk at every tick, but acts on the trading signals.

Dr.M.:

The values in the spirit of "0.5578" already show the illiteracy of this fellow's probabilistic approach .

I don't know which of you two is more illiterate: my EA or you? But the EA is trading quite adequately so far. And it trades on probabilities, which it calculates from RSI signals.

2012.02.02 10:59:56 RNN_v4_m EURUSD,H1: Probability of trading signal for a short position 0.5053

It approximately means 50.53% vs. 48.47% that the opening price of the next candle will be lower than the opening price of the current one. Something like this.

And you think so in vain :-) Generally speaking, it is incorrect to talk about the probability of a single event at all. So we are already being lax when we say that a particular transaction has a "probability" :-)

Reshetov:

The EA is so far in profit, as it does not jerk at every tick, but acts on trading signals.

I do not know which one of you is more illiterate: my EA or you? But my Expert Advisor has traded quite adequately so far. And it trades on probabilities, which it calculates from RSI signals.
I'll also take the liberty to demonstrate the "probability advantage" by the example of a dozen of deals, where more than 5 exact deals will be profitable. Maybe eight, for example. There is nothing tricky here.

emotraid:

I also think that probability is probable when expectation is expected, then the expectation will come true ))))))))))))))))))))

Give up formal logic, it is limited and clings to the previous, hence the permanent expectation of material goods is born. ...)))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

Reshetov:

Probability ... 0.5053 ... That roughly means, 50.53%

Five-five is about twenty-five, and we don't need to be more precise. On the subject of rounding.

Dr.M.:
And you think so in vain :-) Generally speaking, it is incorrect to speak of the probability of a single event.

Don't tell me. Who's forcing you?

Dr.M.:
Five-five is about twenty-five, and we don't need to be more precise. On the subject of rounding.

Why should I round something up to plus or minus a kilometre? Do your councillor and round it up however you want and force him to keep quiet about single events etc.

Dr.M.:

Guys, what are you arguing about, discuss everything quietly, maybe write something sensible instead of figuring out who has what probabilities)))

I say, and will continue to say, but have made the caveat that this is in a worldly, if you will, sense, and terminologically not quite correct.