1st and 2nd derivatives of the MACD - page 11

Cmu4:

Funny. "Judging from the pictures" sounds funny at all.

Let's put it this way, here's your thesis: Increasing the periodfor any filter tends to make the signal later.

As I understand it, you disagree with it. Explain why, preferably with practical examples.

Filter period has no effect on delay. I wrote about it above. This is the essence of the filter. Increasing the period or decreasing the cut-off frequency for a low-pass filter results in the high frequencies being cut off. Which looks to the eye like a lag.

But, what do you think is lagging and from what? Will anyone be able to tell?

Zhunko:
The filter period has no effect on delay. I wrote about it above.

And I don't believe you. Examples please.

Although... Just name a filter and I'll make you an example of a delay myself, if you're too lazy.

Cmu4:
I don't believe you. Examples please.

What examples?! All frequencies are in place and always there. If anything was delayed, it would be impossible to reconstruct the original series after decomposition.

Sure, the lower frequency component of the spectrum changes slowly, but that has nothing to do with lag.

Zhunko:
What examples?! All frequencies are in place and always there. If anything was delayed, it would be impossible to reconstruct the original series after decomposition.
Fuck... It's written in plain English - I DO NOT BELIEVE what you say. Justify them. But not in words... there is no formal logic here.

Zhunko:

Valera, knowing the terms and using them correctly is the key to successful communication. No one understands you. Your posts are too confusing. Everything in one pile + wrong terms and out of place. That's all combined with technical illiteracy. The result is hilarious and ridiculous. You've littered the entire forum with your bizarre posts.

Literate people respond to you intelligently, and you do not notice these responses. Because of your illiteracy you are unable to evaluate these responses. Of course, technically you reply to the posts. But judging by your further questions, you don't understand anything from the answers. It's quite a strange conversation you're having.

There is such a thing as an audience, so for any text there is an audience, let me not understand the geniuses of spectrum analysis, but a simple person who is not washed up in terms I can understand.

Cmu4:
Holy shit... It's written in plain English - I don't believe your words. Justify it. But not in words... there's no formal logic here.

Why? It's pretty clear to me. Find a way to measure the lag for starters. Then you can show me what is lagging on what. Otherwise I don't understand the point of the argument.

Mathematics is not a matter of faith.

===============

If we're talking about phase distortion, that's understandable. Every filter has phase distortion. I wrote about that above.

But everyone talks about lag. What's that?

I don't see any interest in pursuing this further.

Cmu4:
I don't see any interest in pursuing this further.
I agree! There is no need to argue if there is no subject matter.

AlexeyFX:

Not 18 pairs per currency, but 17 pairs in total (which respectively consist of 18 currencies) are used to calculate all indices.

Roughly speaking, it goes like this. There is a system of equations with 18 unknowns. There are 17 equations, so another one will have to be invented. The indices must be orthogonal. This way they are orthogonal to 17/18=0.94.

I took a different path for now (I don't know where it will lead, I may have to go back)

you say that you use 17 pairs - 18 currencies, i agree, if you don't take into account ticks or analyzing tick volumes then yes, i can use these 17 pairs to analyze all the other needed pairs.

i did the following for minute pairs (i.e. i have not calculated them as indexes yet), i put the same number of pairs for euro and dollar, + i had a missing equation - the pair with the currency pair (initial euro - dollar pair by itself) .

and so for all pairs .

But if we keep in mind that the frequency of ticks is irregular, 17 pairs (to express 18 currencies) is not enough, we should have originals (not their synthetics) from the terminal of all other pairs derived from 18 currencies.

tara: Alexei, what is credibility?

I've been thinking and thinking, but I can't think of anything. You like questions with a twist.

All right, then the answer is a tricky one. Let's say you're expecting an oira attack. In what case is this attack more accurate - in the analysis of 3 currencies (3 pairs) or in the analysis of 12 currencies (66 pairs)?

I did the same for LiteForex (not yet expressed in the form of indexes) - but let's say I set the same number of pairs of dollar and euro, + I had a missing equation - this pair with the very pair (the initial euro-dollar pair by itself).

Valera, tell me, what institution has so monstrously perverted your logic of expression? You really can't understand anything. Have you ever taken a single exam in mathematics or physics (not counting school exams)?