[Archive!] FOREX - Trends, Forecasts and Consequences (Episode 10: December 2011) - page 2

strangerr:

I'll be the first to check in)))

MT5 has been asked to build a wolf:

I would like to say right away, to those who are still starting out.

All these "strategies" like Elliott Waves, Wolfs and others are nothing at all.

That is, they do not reflect any properties of the market.

I will say it again - for example, there is an omen (or maybe not) that if there were a lot of rowanberries, there would be a lot of mushrooms.

We can also remember that if it rained on a certain day, the whole summer will be rainy.

Or from a modern one, if the summer was hot, then the winter will be cold.

You can even think of something in the modern style: "If the weather presenter often makes circles with his hands around the area, it will be sunny.

That is, this is not a market property, but a sign of correlation of one with the other.

These "strategies" are useful FOR beginners, and with a hangover, as a clear indicator of the coincidence of personal impressions and interpretation of news with reality.

We can invent a lot of such "strategies", but if we use them in writing a trading robot, it will fail. So <<this is "bullshit" to limit human fantasies, but not to generate them.>> :)

SProgrammer:

I would like to say right away, to those who are still beginners.

All these "strategies" such as Elliott Waves, Wolfs and others are absolutely nothing.

That is, they do not reflect any properties of the market.

I'll say it again - for example, there is an omen (or maybe not) that if there were a lot of rowanberries, there would be a lot of mushrooms.

We can also remember that if it rained on such and such a day, then the whole summer will be rainy.

You can even think of something in the modern style: "If the weather presenter often makes circles with his hands around the area, it will be sunny.

That is, this is not a market property, but a sign of correlation of one with the other.

These "strategies" are useful FOR beginners, and with a hangover, as a clear indicator of coincidence of personal impressions and interpretation of news with reality.

We can invent a lot of such "strategies", but if we use them in writing a trading robot, it will fail. So <<this is "bullshit" to limit human fantasies, but not to generate them.>> :)

I agree))) beautiful, but useless.

SProgrammer:

We would like to say right away to those who are starting.

All these "strategies" such as Elliott Waves, Wolfs, and others are absolutely nothing.

That is, they don't reflect any properties of the market.

I'll say it again - for example, there is an omen ( or maybe not) that if there were a lot of rowanberries, there would be a lot of mushrooms.

We can also remember that if it rained on such and such a day, then the whole summer will be rainy.

These "strategies" are useful FOR beginners, and with a hangover, as a clear indicator of the coincidence of personal impressions and interpretation of news with reality.

Fully supportive! I've written it myself once before.... there are signs! (maybe not crane-speaking enough, maybe it's a bummer...).

Observation of the market gives signs, periodically channels, bowls, shoulders start to be drawn - if it's time for channels then you can trade according to channels. But the price does not reverse on an empty spot, but only on the trend line (that is the omen), and on which one, this one or the next one, or the next one is unknown (and if there are several omissions the percent increases) The robot will certainly lose (probably they are still primitive).

SProgrammer:

I would like to say right away to those who are just starting out.

All these "strategies" like Elliott Waves, Wolfs and others are absolutely nothing.

I mean, they don't reflect any properties of the market.

I'm asking as a newcomer. What do you think reflects the properties of the market? (apart from the price of course)

chepikds:
The Americans have been sluggish today... or have they not woken up yet...
At 17:30 Moscow time, I think they'll start moving.

Ulenshpigel:
I'm asking as a newcomer. What do you think reflects the properties of the market? (apart from the price of course)

Price + volume, nothing else, just those two factors.

strangerr:

Price+volume, nothing else, just these two factors.
Why have you completely abandoned grandfather ))))) And the time? )))

strangerr:

Price + volume, nothing else, just these two factors.
How do you choose the direction? I.e. buy or sell?

Here we are, then we watch the breakdown-back.

artikul:
Why did you give up on grandpa so completely))) And the time? )))

And time doesn't matter, how do I or grandpa know when someone will get the idea to sell or buy in large quantities?)))