[Archive] Learn how to make money villagers! - page 766

4x-online:

I'd forgotten about the Ilan a long time ago. :)

I am writing on the fact: there is a system with a 70-80 per cent drawdown on history. Whether it is Ilan or not is irrelevant. What is important is that the system's leader, out of fear of losing money, says that it is more practical and optimal to cut a fixed drawdown than a relative one. He can be understood, but it is an ugly approach. Because the system is initially at the eagle-return level.

That's it, tired of proving the obvious, please deal with your insects yourself sometime)

OnGoing:

Well, don't limit your losses, but "tie" them to your income, and then you will inevitably suffer the unfortunate fate of a "mixed approach".

Actually, tying losses to income is a limitation. And actually, if there is a string of losses, then the lot will decrease. The whole point is that if the system has an advantage, then the average balance growth will be greater than the average drop, i.e. the lot growth will dominate over the decrease, so the profitability of such a system will be higher than the know-how system over the same time interval.

OnGoing:
That's it, tired of proving the obvious, please sort out your insects yourself sometime)
It's not my insects, it's the people about whom three books have been written under the general title "Market Wizards". These people have been beating the market for decades. I just understand them, unlike some villagers.

OnGoing:

The benchmark is different for everyone. This system shows a 100% gain (of initial funds) over a week.

At the same time, the percentage of loss is less than 100% (of the same initial funds), not only for the week, but throughout the historical data.

I don't wish you any harm, but I feel sorry for you.

100% per week on a consistent basis is as much a myth as perpetuum mobile...

You'll see that very soon.

GEFEL:

I do not wish you harm, but I pity you.

100% per week on a regular basis is as much a myth as perpetum mobilee...

You'll soon see that.

Understand what we're talking about before you regret) 100% of your initial funds. I.e. at the start, when the risk is maximum.

Then the return remains the same, but relative to the increasing deposit is already decreasing. This is the concept of working with a fixed lot.

I am amazed at how inert people are in understanding and avoiding stereotypes).

OnGoing:

Understand what you are talking about before you regret) 100% of your initial funds. That is, at the start, when the risk is maximum.

Then the return remains the same, but relative to the increasing deposit is already decreasing. This is the concept of working with a fixed lot.

No offence, but how inert people are in understanding and moving away from stereotypes, I am amazed)

listen! i just had a thought! what do you think?

OnGoing:

Understand what you are talking about before you regret) 100% of your initial funds. That is, at the start, when the risk is maximum.

No offence, but how inert people are on understanding and avoiding stereotypes, I am amazed)

:)

It's been understood for a long time. And even understood where the legs of this "concept" came from. I hope that honest daily reports from the real world will continue.

vladds:

Listen! I just updated my thought! What do you think?

Yeah, I think you're thinking in the right direction.

By the way, I've paused demo trading, I'm doing it now too. That is, I decided to work on entry accuracy to increase the expectation in our favour.

We will surely continue testing after that. I think this direction is promising.

So it's a demo that's stopped now, right?

4x-online:

So this is the demo that's stopped now? Is that right?

Yes, I just stopped it. I don't like dead trades - trades that last for half a day or more, causing trading time to be wasted.

I want to keep the possibility of them to a minimum.