[Archive] Learn how to make money villagers! - page 534

OnGoing:
)))))))))))))) Passed the point. Where have you been all this time, while everyone here has been searching for THIS )))))

Writing my own.

Composed, now there's time. So I'm asking.

Roman.:

Here - an example, one of...! :-)
Impressive)

4x-online:
In the blink of an eye and only about the American stock market:

1) An American regulated broker, who not only charges you a commission, but also insures your deposit, and also puts your available funds into a cash (low-yield, low-risk) market. I.e. you can not trade at all, but the interest from the insured deposit will drop. I will mention all brokerage assistance to traders and possibility to trade on commission. Because of this point alone you have to leave "forex".

2) With most modern brokers you can trade stocks, futures, options and forex from one or two accounts.

3) There are morning gaps on the fund. On the spider forum a good man used them as an example to show you how to build a proper strategy with positive MO.

4) There are quarterly reports on the fund. You can play them both in stocks and options. In the second case you don't even need to know how to read and interpret the reports. Just gather statistics.

5) The fund has dividends.

6) The fund has asymmetry in the form of a zero share price. I.e. your favourite averaging is safer on a fund.

7) The fund has a sharpening for growth, because civilisation (as loud as it sounds) is constantly evolving. That is, when there is optimism, there is long and slow growth. When it is pessimistic, it is falling fast and steeply. And then we grow again.

8) On a fund, the asset is always compared to the currency of the deposit. On forex you are dealing with two currencies. It's more complicated.

9) On a fund there are thousands of stocks. Trade a sector, trade a specific stock, trade a group of stocks from different sectors.

That's a snapshot (I must have missed something). And that's just stocks. Then there are futures and options. And then there are options on futures. There's a bunch of stories of their own for those.

If you're expecting me to come up with a specific idea, however, there won't be one. Because every Abram has his own agenda. Options are closer to me because they have a non-linear PnL profile of the stock price and other parameters. You have to, and can, dance on your own, not on which "broker" graciously allows your robot to trade.

Thank you for the work you have done. However, just think back to 2008. I don't think anyone was talking about the advantages of funds over fora back then, but rather the opposite, wasn't it?

OnGoing:
Impressive))

Here's another comrade - he spoke at one of the club's company days, by the way - there's a recording in the training section... :-)

OnGoing:
Thank you for the work you have done. However, just think back to 2008. I think at that time no one was talking about the advantages of funds over forwards, but rather the contrary, right?
I will not vouch for "nobody", but even on Russian trading forums there were people who in times of panic said: "guys, this is the best time to buy". As usual only a few were right. The rest are too conservative and cowardly.

Roman.:

Here's another fellow - he, by the way, spoke at one of the club's company days - there's an entry in the training section... :-)

)) Roma, don't tell me about pams, for example, you know that Innsible also averages horribly?

But understand that the conditions on these accounts are such that there is nothing to do there with our monkey.

A leverage of 1:100 - and that's a start - tells you something?

OnGoing:

)) Roma, don't tell me about pums, for example, do you know that Invisible also averages terribly?

But understand that the conditions on these accounts are such that there is nothing to do there with our monkey.

Does 1:100 leverage mean anything to you?

Yes. Check his thread - my last posts are there - he's written about it himself... :-)

Yes, it does.

4x-online:
I can't vouch for "nobody", but even on Russian traders' forums there were people who, in times of general panic, would say "guys, this is the best time to buy". As usual only a few were right. The rest are too conservative and cowardly.
Buying in times of panic is a good thing. But what about those who have already held portfolios and whose value has fallen below the plinth?

Roman.:

Yes. Check his thread - my last posts are there - he's written about it himself... :-)

Yes, he does.

Here, and it's still the most liquid of all the pams. I.e. it can still afford to average. Although you probably remember how everyone's knees trembled when it was on the verge of being dumped this summer. Played the fundamentals on the SCB intervention and entered too early, as a result drew a dropdown of 60% of the dept in a couple of days. And that was with a total investment of €2m (at the time). So investors had a lot to worry about at the time. That's the kind of monkey she is.

Ilan is fine as long as you don't chase too much profit with too many trades.

SymbolGBPUSD (Great Britain Pound vs US Dollar)
Period1 Minute (M1) 2011.02.01 00:00 - 2012.01.12 16:26 (2011.02.01 - 2012.02.01)
ModelBy open prices (only for Expert Advisors with explicit bar opening control)
ParametersFast=15; Slow=21; Signal=11; LotExponent=1.2; Lots=0.02; TakeProfit=200; Pipstep=50; Quant="Pitch Change On/Off. TRUE"; QuantumStep=true; StartStepExpSrting="After which knee the step starts to increase by PipStepExponent"; StartStepExp=1; MagicNumber=133; MaxTrades=7; TfOpen=30;

Bars in history355699Modelled ticks710333Simulation qualityn/a
Chart mismatch errors0

Initial deposit500.00

Net profit2622.96Total profit3269.02Total loss-646.07
Profitability5.06Expected payoff4.32

Absolute drawdown4.08Maximum drawdown291.82 (12.46%)Relative drawdown25.12% (241.32)

Total trades607Short positions (% win)333 (86.49%)Long positions (% win)274 (88.69%)

Profitable trades (% of all)531 (87.48%)Loss trades (% of all)76 (12.52%)
Largestprofitable trade89.18losing deal-50.34
Averageprofitable deal6.16Deal loss-8.50
Maximum numbercontinuous wins (profit)41 (190.86)Continuous losses (loss)3 (-31.65)
MaximumContinuous Profit (number of wins)190.86 (41)Continuous loss (number of losses)-72.50 (2)
Averagecontinuous winnings11Continuous loss2