[Archive] Learn how to make money villagers! - page 202

OnGoing:
A summit without 20-somethings won't work. Only peripheral countries are left)
:-)

Taking a contrast shower for the brain, alternating between page-by-page reading of villagers and econometricians

OnGoing:
...But without a comprehensive miscalculation, I won't waste my time. ...

There you have it, gather the 'pseudoscientific' data. In a primitive script.

On each new bar with a look ahead:

- After how many bars (n) would you make some profit. (I haven't read the libretto (Ilan's principle), I'm immediately watching the cancan. But it's probably pure "arithmetic" there)

- How many times, over those n bars, was your channel crossed (so far fixed), i.e. how many orders would you open. (Tipaa how many bars over the course of n bars forward Hi has exceeded your channel. You have figured out Ilano - you know best how to collect data).

- What is the required deposit for this number of orders (arbitrary)

Then build the "frequency" ... hmmm... How many times in the examined period you have received a profit after one, two, three, etc. orders.

Next, decide on the desired number of lost deposits for the examined period and verify the maximum number of orders (for instance, five times in a period, there were a series of 38.57 orders) -> the required size of the deposit, and the profit earned on it. The profitability may or may not turn out to be much less than that of Sberbank.

You change the channel width - put the recalculation algorithm into the script.

If you are going to filter "runs" by indicators - put indicator values next to each other and estimate how much they help you, etc., etc. Knowing the principle.

In short, this is not econometric TA, this is pure arithmetic.

Of course "the tails are thick" and "history does not repeat itself", but the data obtained will quickly cool you down (or warm you up).

:)

Men. Honestly, I don't know what to suggest. Intuitively, I think there's nothing to be done here. Although, you could work on developing another idea. But already on a different topic. In my opinion, in order to achieve the goal (creation of a profitable Expert Advisor), we should not rely on the algorithm of someone else's EA, but on our own strictly defined criteria. For example, 1) to take mathematical-statistical forecasts as a base, 2) the Expert Advisor should not have long drawdowns, etc. Something like that...

oshalex:
Men. Honestly, I don't know what to suggest. Intuitively, I think there's nothing to be done here. Although, you could work on developing another idea. But already on a different topic. In my opinion, in order to achieve the goal (creation of a profitable Expert Advisor), we should not rely on the algorithm of someone else's EA, but on our own strictly defined criteria. For example, 1) to take mathematical-statistical forecasts as a base, 2) the Expert Advisor should not have long drawdowns, etc. Something like that.
I suggest taking my EA with martin into intensive development to find out its potential, I have no trading experience, so please help to sort it out. I think it fits the criteria you mentioned.

If you use accurate entries for Ilan, the profits are small, as lot build-up is rare. The main share of profit is obtained when entering against the trend, then the total lot is large and after the reversal a good profit is made. But unfortunately trading against the trend is fraught with bad consequences and dangerous, though in a sideways trend such trading is quite acceptable. Therefore this Expert Advisor can be used in a sideways trend in both directions. If a sideways trend channel is broken, the Expert Advisor should be switched to trading only in a sell or only buy trend and positions stuck in a losing position should be either closed immediately at a loss or closed by opening an opposite trade with the volume equal to the total lot. If the price rebounds to the previous sideways channel, the lock will automatically open and you will be able to close the hanging position with profit, otherwise, if the lock does not open within the next day, you should close the hanging loss positions without any regret, to avoid loosing on swaps. That is my idea of how to use Ilan. For many traders it may seem obvious, but for beginners I think this information will be useful. I also recommend beginners to practice with Ilan on a demo account for a while.

I don't know about others, I still have a lot of ideas) For example, to run Ilans not on minutes, but on higher timeframes.

Because of the longer candlesticks, there will be fewer positions (especially on strong moves), which is required.

At the same time, the "closeability" of the takes remains the same.

I have a lot of ideas, there is no one to test them and make them. So far I have put everything on the list, I will sort out the most promising ones little by little)

OnGoing:

I don't know about others, I still have a lot of ideas) For example, to run Ilans not on minutes, but on higher timeframes.

Because of the longer candlesticks, there will be fewer positions (especially on strong moves), which is required.

At the same time, the "closeability" of the takes remains the same.

There are a lot of ideas, there is no one to test them and make them. So far I have put everything on the list, I will sort out the most promising ones little by little)

I've got a lot of time on my hands too)

I forgot to write. If there is a sideways trend, you should estimate the initial lot size, LotExponent, Pipstep, MaxTrades, TakeProfit, depending on its spread, taking into account the available funds, or determine these values by testing in the tester. If this is difficult for a beginner, you should not use Ilan, as it will lead to an inevitable loss of the deposit.