Free lectures from Stanford University - page 7

faa1947:

There are university majors in econometrics, mathematical statistics, statistics. But nowhere in the world is there a TA speciality. By the volume of hours: the mentioned disciplines are several hundreds of hours in different kinds, TA is 18 hours. TA is for Pinocchios, so that they pour out depots with an important look.

From my own life.

In the early 90s I took a course in cheque fund management. The lectures were given by English fund managers. The freebies took place in a sanatorium outside Moscow. There was food (at the time it was tight), a swimming pool, fitness equipment, a winter garden. About 400 people gathered in the assembly hall. They said: fill in the forms, we'll filter them. All of them were smart and fluent in English. The next day they started to read out all of the applicants, 50 of them, the rest had to leave because they didn't get anything for free. They shouted out that they knew English, but they were told that English had nothing to do with it. After that, we spent 4 weeks with a pulse and not a word about TA.

I don't know what a cheque fund is or what assets are. Can we still talk about forex, or at least the stock exchange and equities. So the question is: Why do people gravitate towards the study of mathematics that is not related to trading? Neural networks, as I understand it. I'm trying to figure out what kind of mathematics we should be studying. So I understand, not the one used in TA. Shall we continue to search for an answer by method of elimination or will you name these mathematical methods that you consider necessary for trading?

Yeah, another question -- what is this -- https://www.mql5.com/ru/code/10718

if not an attempt at trading based on tehanalysis )))

TheXpert:
And what are you doing on this forum anyway?

Boring.

Then maybe the guys who wrote off the wrapper for R ..... will come along. They'll certainly do without TA.

And anyway. Can we clean up everything from today's first post of this to our esteemed econometrics guru?

gpwr:

I don't know what a cheque fund is or what assets are. Can we still talk about forex, or at least the stock exchange and equities. So the question is: Why do people gravitate towards the study of mathematics that is not related to trading? Neural networks, as I understand it. I'm trying to figure out what kind of mathematics we should be studying. So I understand, not the one used in TA. Shall we continue to search for an answer by method of elimination or will you name these mathematical methods that you consider necessary for trading?
Google it. Go to the bench. For example, MESI.

TheXpert:
And anyway. Can we clean up everything from today's first post by our esteemed econometrics guru?
I wonder what the complaint is. Maybe you should be scrubbed.

faa1947:
I wonder what the complaint is about. Maybe you should be scrubbed.
Hmm, the height of impertinence. You come in here, you're being mean, and you resent it.

TheXpert:
Hmm, the height of impertinence. You come in, you troll, and you resent it.

Practically bullies and troll louts. I'm not one of them.

Keep your cool and choose your words and your gaps in education won't be so noticeable.

faa1947:
Google it. Go to the bench. Like MESI.

Are you kidding me? And what am I googling, "mathematical methods for profit"? And why would I need MESI? Do you teach these methods there? Call these methods out loud. But not with the broad word "econometrics," but with more specificity. Then we'll have a conversation. Otherwise, I don't know what we're talking about here.

faa1947:
Is your name Victor Mikhailovich, by any chance?