[Archive!] FOREX - Trends, Forecasts and Consequences (Episode 7: September 2011) - page 108

lotos7:

Unfortunately, I haven't heard of it...

You should have, it's great! :)

snail09:
Tell me, dear, is it your indicator geTrendOsc.mq4? It's a good indicator! If it is yours, what parameters would you recommend for the studied pairs, TF?

It is important to connect several periods in a single oscillator, that could reflect the price behavior and allocate trend and correction component, but anyway, it will be like a primary filter, and the entry point is a more prosaic task that can be solved by the simple price behavior.

solar:

I wouldn't be so sure about the rise - because it was only a minor correction which will simply continue the fall, my system informs about the continuation of the fall and the weekly and monthly informs about it with great certainty.

chepikds:

Is it possible to accurately calculate the behaviour of the currency against the market? I think not. It seems that the existing indices do not show the real exchange rate, or maybe they have already invented something...

To calculate accurately, no, but to see the priority direction for trading, yes.

There is the politics, which is unpredictable for the man in the street, but the result of its work is visible in the market almost immediately.
And there is the economy that works out political events (rate movements) in its own way. In my trading system, I personally catch the economically justified movements. It can be a "leveling off" after a strong imbalance, or it can be a political movement itself. The point I've been trying to make all evening is that looking at the market as a whole, the forecasts have a real macroeconomic justification.

moskitman:

I'm not going to argue until I'm very angry, because I don't need to.
You misunderstand me. I will tell you, and you try to understand. A currency pair and a currency are slightly different concepts. The true exchange rate of a currency is made up of all the currency pairs in which it participates. So the behaviour of a currency against the market as a whole is strikingly different from the chart of any currency pair.
I am not trying to argue, I am saying that any method found is good if in the end it is effective.
Don't say there is no sea just because there are wonderful puddles around ))))

RekkeR:

Relative and debatable theory, if you don't understand the habits of each instrument separately and try to curb 16 at once (why not more?), there is no guarantee that the number of errors will not be inversely proportional to 1 / 16.

One should strive to watch and listen to other people's predictions, and do as one's own.

Like Tantric.

The height of professionalism! working with multiple instruments, excluding less profitable ones and investing in more... For example: we do a long term analysis of the entire market, identify a few attractive pairs, and use them in the medium and short term, it can be one pair or none at all :)

The best way is to open positions after a flat, in the direction of the expected trend (volatility breakthrough), but the goals are more complicated ...

moskitman:

To calculate accurately, no, but to see the priority direction for trading, yes.

There is politics, which is unpredictable to the average person, but the result of its work in the market can be seen almost immediately.
And there is the economy, which works out political events (rate movements) in its own way. In my trading system, I personally catch the economically justified movements. It can be a "leveling off" after a strong imbalance, or it can be a political movement itself. The point I've been trying to make all evening is that looking at the market as a whole, the forecasts have a real macroeconomic justification.

But there is also a shadow government and a shadow economy and an "invisible hand" and who knows what else...

forte928:
I wouldn't be so sure about the rise - because it was only a minor correction which will just continue the fall, my system informs about the continuation of the fall and the weekly and monthly informs about it with great certainty...
let's see Monday, anyway I understand that I am too "showing off", on Sunday the picture will be clearer, but for now.

chepikds:

The peak of professionalism! Working with many instruments, excluding the less profitable, and investing in more... For example: we do a long term analysis of the whole market, identify a few attractive pairs and work on them in the medium and short term, it may be one pair or none at all :)

The optimal variant is to open positions after the formed flat, in the direction of the expected trend (volatility breakthrough), but with targets is more complicated...

I dare to disappoint you - if the flat is not on a particular pair, but on the market in general, not even George Soros can tell you about the anticipated trend. The channel will break in any direction and on any pair.