[Archive!] FOREX - Trends, Forecasts and Consequences (Episode 7: September 2011) - page 97

21april:
Yesterday the Fed announced the launch of "Operation Twist", consisting of USD 400bn worth of long-term bonds and hinted that there is more to come. The event triggered a rally of the quid against high risk currencies. According to Chris Walker from UBS Bank, this trend will continue in the coming months.

+1

SEVER11:
I have been noticing this for some time now and have used it in practice. Yesterday and today some interesting thoughts came to my mind, now we are processing them. I wanted to achieve success with larger forecast horizon (the old version had 350 candlesticks). I will tweak it by Monday and then post screenshots.

If the model is not for a long time, and if you have free resources, as well as if not a bore -
do it on m15,m30,n1 (or any comfortable time interval) - daily forecasts
(If you don't mind - make a daily forecast for a couple of weeks and post it here ... I think many people will be interested ...

Oxide:

I can see this Wolf

And I see 1.2950...

Evgen157:

Naive... trusting...

* US leading indicators point to recovery

The US index of leading indicators showed better-than-forecast growth in August, easing players' fears of a possible recession.

The Conference Board reported today that the economic outlook index for the next three to six months registered a rise of 0.3% compared to 0.6% in July. Analysts surveyed on the eve of the release had expected a more moderate growth of 0.1%.
This dynamic was mainly driven by money supply growth - an indication that investors have started to lose confidence in the global economy and prefer to "go for the cash". The Fed said yesterday that it plans to cut long-term bond rates by buying them, also stating that "the economy is facing strong downside risks".

"The state of the economy is extremely volatile," says John Herman of State Street Global Markets LLC. - The surge in money supply is a sign of risk aversion."

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

* US housing continues to fall in price

"The lack of confidence of potential buyers is primarily due to fears about their jobs," says John Burns of John Burns Real Estate Consulting. - On a zero income, you can't afford to buy a house.

Oxide:

I can see this Wolf

It's Llfuv, not Wulf ))))

forte928:
Naive...Trusted...

Let's see )))

forte928:
And I see 1.2950...

And I see 1.3600 today)))