On-line trading advisor. Exchange of views - page 5

Mathemat:

I saw something familiar in the first video - and discovered in the depths of the forum a quintessential view of the market(link):

I think no comment is necessary.

Judging by information messages on the screen and order volumes in the terminal, the system looks something like a martin with a diversification of pairs.

Some kind of selftalking does not catch up with the theory.

-2. The frequency of price movement in a certain range depends on the size of the range. I.e. price in a 10 pip range moves 10 times more often than in a 100 pip range.

Why ranges are unnecessary, in 100 pip moves more, not in 10 pip. (like catches, something pre-worthy) (can't see where the currency is going at all - put on glasses!)

OnGoing:

And the author is not shy about displaying information about the presence of a martin.

It doesn't always display the "(Martingale)" line! :))) But still it seems that there's nowhere without it...

And on the accounts above (Buy and Sell) orders are placed with a volume of 0.01 lots and above (BuyStops) and below (SellStops) pending orders with a certain distance (they must be somehow optimized) from those orders with a volume of 0.02 lots.

What do you think? What will happen tomorrow? :)))

Until the author understands that taking one move of 100 pips is much better and less risky than 10 times 10 pips, and that the order should be opened for the purpose of taking a certain profit and not for the sake of trading it will not be effective.

Tantrik:

It's a bit of a stretch to the theory.

-2. The frequency of price movement within a certain range depends on the size of the range. I.e. price in a 10 pip range moves 10 times more often than in a 100 pip range.

Why ranges are unnecessary, in 100 pip moves more, not in 10 pip. (Like a catch, something pre-worthy)

The author in the video about these figures, says: "for example".

To justify the creator of this monster, it can be noted that in his videos he is not trying to embellish the system.

The video shows the system parameters, the Risk parameter (the maximum acceptable drawdown of equity relative to the balance; it is 20% in the video) and the actions performed by the Expert Advisor when this parameter exceeds the set value. forexnew, could you please elaborate on what actions the EA performs? I did not understand your words accompanying the video.

Mathemat:

To justify the creator of this monster, it can be noted that in his videos he is not trying to embellish the system.

The video shows the system parameters, the Risk parameter (the maximum acceptable drawdown of equity relative to the balance; it is 20% in the video) and the actions performed by the Expert Advisor when this parameter exceeds the set value. forexnew, could you please elaborate on what actions the EA performs? I did not understand your words accompanying the video.

I should add that the author also says that at one point the Expert Advisor may request to add funds to the account (about 30%) so that the Expert Advisor can get out of the crisis situation.

Roman.:

Organise a PAMM...

It is a good idea, Roman, but as they say the optimum balance for any strategy should be calculated based on many elements and not read from the head. Optimal balance for any currency pair is given in the upper line of the EA message and varies from 8000 and more. Thus, for profitable work on several currency pairs it is necessary to have about 50-60 thousand c.u.

Mathemat:
I assume the system allows intervention from the outside - manually. If I am wrong, correct the author.

Yes. Semi-automatic trading is possible. For example, a trader starts, and an Expert Advisor accompanies. Although I do not use this type of trading. Expert Advisor's entries are enough for me. You can change input parameters and restart the Expert Advisor, and it will, for example:

a) close all orders and stop trading;

b) Stop opening new order blocks.

Tantrik

Some kind of selftalking does not fit the theory

-The frequency of price movement in a certain range depends on the size of the range. I.e. price in a 10 pip range moves 10 times more often than in a 100 pip range.

Why ranges are unnecessary, in 100 pip moves more, not in 10 pip. (like catches, something prevoortny) (do not see where the currency goes - put on glasses!)

forexnew: to work on a real account you need some free funds, about 30% of all invested(unfortunately, the demo does not allow you to use the refill)

Mathemat : I do not really understand what you are getting at...

Perhaps the essence of the theory is not quite clear in such a brief form. It also is not taken out of my head but checked programmatically. Take a price movement of say 7000 hour bars and break it into 10 pip sections and the same period break it into 100 pip sections with 5 pip steps between sections. Now tell me how many times the price will touch the edges of the range in the first and second case before leaving it at a distance of, say, 1.5 the size of the range? Of course, the price will touch all the ranges in 10 pips 10 times more often than 100 pips on average. And then let's take the broken system. Its main disadvantage is that if the price touches a certain range more than the balance can support - the balance will be destroyed. So, we need to calculate the range according to historical data in such a way that the balance does not go broke, and even if it happens (it happens once in several months), the Expert Advisor should inform the trader about the necessity of the small deposit. I have tried to answer two questions at once. The frequency of touching is calculated using the program for any currency pair (the code I passed) on a daily basis. Of course, if the range increases to a certain size, all the orders are modified.

MaxZ It doesn't always show the "(Martingale)" line! :))) But it seems that it can't be done without it...

As far as I understand, martingale is an increase of a counter-order by a certain order. A double increase is usually used. In the EA: up to a certain lot size - double, then - complex, depending on the distance, but in such a way that when the "top" order closes, the remaining orders of the block will close in the sum in the plus. I do not use this silliness: when I close a loss I multiply my order, when I close another loss I multiply again. Only the simultaneous closure of a larger profitable and a smaller losing order.

xrust Until the author understands that one move of 100 points is much better and less risky than 10 times of 10 points and that the order should be opened to take a certain profit but not for the sake of trading it will not be of use.

I haven't mentioned this anywhere. The profit size calculation depends on the distance between the orders and is not calculated automatically. The profit size is not calculated based on a single order; it is the sum of two orders: the current order and the smaller opposite order.

Mathemat : In the video on system parameters, it says the Risk parameter (the maximum acceptable drawdown of equity relative to balance; in the video it is 20%) and the action to be taken by the Expert Advisor when this parameter exceeds the specified value. forexnew, could you please elaborate on what actions the EA performs? I have not understood your words accompanying the video.

This is the most important thing. The key point in any broken system is stability: the Expert Advisor must not go down to the critical difference between equity and balance. For this, there are internal protection systems that are triggered depending on different parameters, for example:

1. If there are orders with the lot higher than the specified value, the system will start monitoring and, if the balance = Equity, all open and pending orders will be closed.

2. If equity<balance by 20% (Risk level). The prohibition on opening new blocks is activated, profitable first block orders are closed.

If equity is understood to be lower than Risk level by 10%, all orders are modified so as to close orders by Take value (i.e. to close them faster).

4. If equity decreases even further, let us say to 90%, the trader shall have to intervene by refilling the account with 30% (approximately). The amount of these percentages is calculated by the Expert Advisor: all the orders are recalculated keeping in mind that if the price moves by a certain amount, equity is calculated accordingly. If we see that equity will be -110% of the balance in 100 pip, we need to refill the account.

The reasons of possible situations when topping up is needed is a very long term movement in a narrow range. So, it does not matter for the Expert Advisor which direction the price will go, as long as the price does not fluctuate in one range. Again, until all these conditions are reached, there are previous moments when the Expert Advisor should not allow for such a situation.

Another way to reduce the risk is to close all orders on a monthly basis by the method of smoothly terminating the trade. I.e. a week before the end of the trading period an input parameter is set that prohibits opening new blocks. The set blocks are gradually closed at the profit within a week and the difference between equity and balance is gradually reduced to zero.

forexnew:
The idea is good, Roman, but as they say, the optimal balance for any strategy should be calculated based on many elements, not taken from your head. The optimum balance for any currency pair is given in the upper line of the EA message and varies from 8000 and more. Thus, for profitable work on several currency pairs it is necessary to have about 50-60 thousand c.u.

Do not bog yourself in a corner - look at the trading conditions of PAMM-accounts of this company - min. deposit - 300 quid, leverage - 1:100, min. lot = 0.01, ie have the opportunity not to 8000, but with 800 ... Put 2 owls on their blood 1600 Bankins and start the minimum of the starting volume = 0.01 lot. With successful dynamics, people will catch up and will be you and 50 and 60 thousand dollars with subsequent diversification of the portfolio, both in options owls (one item!), and by trading instruments... As they say, it takes the will... All the more, at the beginning you can make a PAMM-account not public (at the time of its acceleration, possibly increased trading risks, development of approaches to solve certain issues already in combat conditions, as well as prepare materials for further "treatment" of investors, as far as possible and allowable account drawdown ... etc. without having to respond to investors in their own forum thread, etc.).

P.S. It is not for nothing they say, he who does nothing and is not responsible for anything does not make "mistakes", blunders! Dare and everything will be fine with your competent approach to solving those or other issues, all this comes with: a real trade and, as the case may be, sensitive volumes of lost DEPs, IMHO.

Roman.:

Do not drive yourself into a corner - look at the trading conditions of PAMM-accounts of this company - the minimum deposit - 300 quid, the leverage - 1:100, min. lot = 0.01, ie have the opportunity not 8000, but with 800 ... Put 2 owls on their blood 1600 Bankins and start the minimum of the starting volume = 0.01 lot. With successful dynamics, people will catch up and will be you and 50 and 60 thousand dollars with subsequent diversification of the portfolio, both in options owls (one item!), and by trading instruments... As they say, it takes the will... All the more, at the beginning you can make a PAMM-account not public (at the time of its acceleration, possibly increased trading risks, development of approaches to solve certain issues already in combat conditions, as well as prepare materials for further "treatment" of investors, as far as possible and allowable account drawdown ... etc. without having to answer investors in their own forum thread, etc.).

P.S. It is not for nothing they say, he who does nothing and is not responsible for anything does not make "mistakes", blunders! Dare and everything will be fine with your competent approach to solving these or those issues, all this comes with: real trading and, as it turns out, sensitive volumes of lost DEPs, IMHO.

Roman, as soon as I set an EA on an account less than 50% of the optimal balance, it will simply tell me: "Account size is not sufficient..." I don't determine the optimal balance manually or by input parameters, it is calculated based on the distance (frequency of touching a certain range) between "locks". The distance determines the actual "stop" within which and when an EA opens an order with the maximum lot, it should not close at a margin call. In short, the maximum number of lots is calculated and the optimal balance is determined based on this. You cannot trade $5, $50, $500 or $5000 equally effectively just by changing the number of "blocks". And to open one account with $1600 and expect that it will be profitable, if suddenly this pair will begin a long flat of the size of "distance" - is the top of recklessness. I've been through this before, when I bet money on one currency. Sadness came: after a few months, but it came :)

Look at the posts in red.

forexnew:
Roman, as soon as I set the EA to an account less than 50% of the optimal balance, it will simply tell me: "Account size is not sufficient..." I do not determine the optimal balance manually or by input parameters, it is calculated based on the distance (frequency of touching a certain range) between "lots". The distance determines the actual "stop" within which and when an EA opens an order with the maximum lot, it should not close at a margin call. In short, the maximum number of lots is calculated and the optimal balance is determined based on this. You cannot trade $5, $50, $500 or $5000 equally effectively just by changing the number of "blocks". And to open one account with $1600 and expect that it will be profitable, if suddenly this pair will begin a long flat of the size of "distance" - is the top of recklessness. I've been through this before, when I bet money on one currency. Sadness came: after a few months, but it came :)

Connect it to Sberbank (might be enough for the first time)