[Archive!] FOREX - Trends, Forecasts and Consequences (Episode 6: August 2011) - page 84

Midas09:
Do you think US stocks will collapse?
100%

By the way, the franc has almost gained 2 figures as well as the yen. This is going to be a very exciting week.

http://www.forex-directory.ru/forex-quotes-charts.html quotes from Saxobank

Kolivi:

It's going to be a fun week.

YOU'VE NEVER SEEN ANYTHING LIKE IT.

Midas09:
Do you think US stocks will collapse?
Only those in the know know what statements will be made tomorrow and whether they will. Technically, the S&P index is bumping all Friday against the 1200 level - there are a lot of options going into the money, and the fat cats of the wall street must not like that very much, at the first positive news they will start pushing the futures to 1300 (ideally) by August 20

Dezil:
Only those who know what statements will be made tomorrow and whether they will. Technically, the S&P index was bumping all Friday against the 1200 level - there are a lot of options going into the money, which the fat cats from the wall street must dislike a lot, at the first positive news they will start pushing the futures to 1300 (ideally) by August 20
The US rating was downgraded after the stock market closed, so the market has not yet recouped this news. But in Israel, the index is down 7% today, though they blame it on the mass riots in Israel. In short, it's all about the same thing. The week is definitely going to be "black", otherwise politicians would not have panicked this weekend.

Kolivi:
The US was downgraded after the stock market closed, so the market has not yet recouped this news. In Israel, on the other hand, the index fell by 7% today, although the mass demonstrations in Israel are blamed for it. In short, it's all about the same thing. The week is definitely going to be "black", otherwise politicians would not have panicked this weekend.
The question is what he was wagering on then, I have a vague doubt that there might have been a leak, maybe someone will even be put in jail for insider - it's not like that over there)

a little hep upwards.

Kolivi:

By the way, the franc has almost gained 2 figures as well as the yen. This is going to be a very exciting week.

http://www.forex-directory.ru/forex-quotes-charts.html quotes from Saxobank

franc 153pp. yen 50pp. from sachobank

Dezil:
The question is what he was wagering on at the time, I have my doubts that maybe there was a leak, maybe someone will even go to jail for being insider - they don't have it here)
I agree someone knew, in the previous 2 weeks the Dow has fallen very decently. I think the world is begging for a 3rd quantitative easing package. The Fed will say something this week.

Tough