Interesting and humorous - page 102

denis_orlov:
It's OK! McDonald's will take everybody!...
Denis, it's complicated.

"The war on higher education. On the attack on universities hostile to the economy."
http://www.odnako.org/blogs/show_22415/

There was an article like this in 2004... "The Fifth Rule of Arithmetic."

From there the quote: So, this academic year I discovered that among my fifty freshmen students (I have two groups) eight people believe that three-sixths (3/6) equals one-third (1/3). {...} I changed their minds: at the next class I made a small digression and told them that 3/6 equals 1/2, and not 1/3 at all, as some of those present believe. The reaction was, "Yeah? Well..." If I had told them that it was 1/10, the reaction would have been exactly the same.

And another quote: In the last two academic years, ten or fifteen of my students systematically discovered another, no less "unorthodox" mathematical knowledge: they believed that any number to the power of -1 is equal to zero

DmitriyN:

There is no need to use natural honey. It still ferments. I can teach you how to make artificial honey, which is very close to natural honey in its properties. Many of those who make it, do not know how to do it, so you get a fake, which is derided on the Internet at almost every site devoted to honey.

You just have to know how to make it. The most common mistakes are adding too much acid, caramelization due to high temperatures, using synthetic colorings and flavorings, not fully converting sucrose into fructose and glucose, and not using natural herbal additives.

As for hops, they can simply be planted in the countryside. It grows well, doesn't need much sun or fertiliser. You can plant it as we do, it grows along the fence and takes up almost no space.

1) Any deviation in the recipe leads to a change in the result. The mead I made has a honey aroma and a honey aftertaste, but no honey sweetness. I had no problems after that mead, but I can wake up in the morning with a heavy headache even from a glass of mead, for example.

2) About the hops, I agree. What's more, I have them growing, and even harvested cones last year (now the year before :) ). But the wife has thrown out the collected and dried cones because they were not needed (no one was going to cook anything), and here a recipe came up, I had to buy them in a pharmacy.

PS. Another 5 litres fermented :)

DmitriyN:

There is no need to use natural honey. It ferments anyway. I can teach you how to make

IgorM:

The movie is about how we have some people developing something. You think of GLONASS, which is based on Chinese microchips, and you start to have doubts. I do not remember how many years ago I heard about Elbrus, is it still being developed?

Elbrus. Why should it be developed? There is no oil in it.

Ah! That was the time! PDP-11. She's an e-mail. The IOPHAN lab. Took up an entire room. Terminals all over the basement (it was in an apartment building) connected to it. Pancakes. Pancakes were such media. Creepy. Bulgarian computers on 8086's as terminals. And we were enthusiasts. "Enthusiasm" ended in '91. It's an insane pity about "Monday".

PapaYozh:
The movie is about how we have some people developing something. You think of GLONASS, which is based on Chinese microchips, and you start to have doubts. And I don't remember how many years ago I heard about Elbrus, are they still developing it?
There was also a neuromatrix https://ru.wikipedia.org/wiki/NeuroMatrix

PapaYozh: And I heard about "Elbrus" not remember how many years ago, is it still under development?

ato! here's another 90nm technology novelty - a monoblock:

A monoblock with a touchscreen of around 22 inches is planned. The prototype for this model is the mass-produced Kraftway Studio monoblock with a touchscreen, which costs around 32,000 roubles. The cost of a PC with an Elbrus processor will be somewhat higher, the manufacturers claim. ICST says it plans to equip it with a small "Monocube" motherboard of its own design, which was introduced in 2012, with an Elbrus-2C+ processor running at 500MHz.

The country's public sector and the military are half the size of the country, and they might just as well have their own smartphones invented by Russian companies )))).

http://4pda.ru/2012/12/30/84403/#more-84403

the processor itself, factory-manufacturer: http://www.mcst.ru/elbrus_2c_111101.shtml

Peter_Zabriski:

Elbrus. Why should it be developed? There is no oil in it.

Ah! That was the time! PDP-11. She's an e-mail. The IOPHAN lab. Took up an entire room. Terminals all over the basement (it was in an apartment building) connected to it. Pancakes. Pancakes were such media. Creepy. Bulgarian computers on 8086's as terminals. And we were enthusiasts. "Enthusiasm" ended in '91. It's an insane pity about "Monday".

We even hooked up a 10Mb drive to it in '89.

denis_orlov:

It's OK! McDonald's will take everybody!...

jartmailru:
Denis, it's not easy.

"The war on higher education. On the attack on universities hostile to the economy".
http://www.odnako.org/blogs/show_22415/

Yeah, not easy at all,at 01.59 you can see from the lips that the girl answers the question about Karl Marx "He himself" and the sound track has "don't know either" superimposed on it,

which is a gross setup, though.