FOREX - Trends, Forecasts and Implications (Episode 5: July 2011) - page 74

margaret:

No, one of the brokers comments

Romanov is confused himself:

In my incomplete chart (no first hour global session, no Sydney) there is a hole, aka a price gap, aka a gap 4265-4223. If there is in fact a gap, the first question is what did they gap through? Usually if there is a gap, it is overcoming some great technical difficulty, such a great and important difficulty that Asia, Europe, America, and all of them together could not go through. And since they could not, we have to jump the gap. And if the gap is confirmed by the closing prices from an hour to a day and a week, then the overcoming of such a big difficulty from the bottom, i.e. support, i.e. SUPP, will mean the corresponding ease of falling at least the whole summer. But the key word here is summer. Whether this is a false move, whether they will come back above the gap in the morning is always a question, and in the summer the water is totally muddy on the market. And tell me, I haven't understood yet, I haven't had enough time for that since Friday evening - What is it? Are they selling? Is it the Eurodollar they're selling or the risk? More precisely, the risk appetite is selling and the fund is going down and the euras are behind them, just on fears of global growth. That would be so-so, standard short the eu, no big deal. Or they started playing the ECB rate hike as a negative for the euro zone, which is much scarier and longer term. You know what I mean? About Trichet and company getting tangled up in their own feet and starting to do things that are bad for Europe, they don't get it, and the market puts everyone in their place. It doesn't matter what Trichet or Draghi thinks. If they are wrong, the market shows them the ropes. The market is smart because people are smart, and if all the speculators in the world decide that the eu should be sold because - the ECB slaughtered Greece (Portugal, Ireland, Spain, Italy) - then so be it. It will be up to Trichet or Draghi to shout in anger that it's all the fault of the Dwarfs of Zurich. And we will laugh. Never an official can go against the people, always ours to take. So I haven't figured it out yet, it was what - (1) was the gap or not really, and (2) what are they selling, the euro or risk? These are the right questions....

Humorous dude, and his thoughts are sound)))

strangerr:

This "flirting" has already cost Belarus, now it's our turn if it continues.
We're not doing well without the flirting... thanks to the new government...

these congressmen are such varmints, they came up with such an original solution !!!

forte928:

Я в этом не сомневался еще с пятницы..осталось найти дивер на рост..и закрывать сделку..

All in all watched a beautiful third wave movement today

Take your time gentlemen....)))) It's not evening yet....)))) It's too early to congratulate each other and label....))) It's not that simple....)))

Just asked a comrade from Germany, he has an hour earlier than Alpari's opening. He says that the gap was on all pairs. On EU he opened at 1.4202, even lower than on Alpari. So it is not for nothing that in America the gap is called a "burning dog").

strangerr:

Humorous dude, and a sensible thought)))

Yes, one more thing he has made a good point, because the peerolls gave out terrible data, far from being in favour of the dollar:

I forgot to say an important detail about the payrolls report. I don't remember the average hourly wage being negative. I'm not saying it didn't happen, I might have forgotten, but - I don't remember that! And now it's minus one cent to 22.99 usd. That's not good! That's not good! And it's also interesting, I'm publishing a weekly closing price summary table on my website, by currency and cross, by funda, by fx, by commodes. The fonda is up against last week's figures and the eura is down, so is that the answer? The Nikkei index is even up above 10K. So it's not the risk that's being sold? And the eura? Why then did the whole fx go up at the same time as the fund? US treasuries, German bubbles, UK gilts and Japanese JGBs rose over the week. Gold went up, oil went up, especially brent. Or maybe it's just that the fund didn't have time to fall in the little time left on Friday? After the payrolls? And everything is still ahead? I don't think they're going anywhere far, no one, due to the summer....

ZetM:

Take your time gentlemen....)))) It's not evening yet....)))) It's too early to congratulate each other and label....))) It's not that simple....)))

A U-turn has taken place.

strangerr:

A U-turn has taken place.
....)))

margaret:

Yes, one more thing he has made a good point, because the peerolls gave out terrible data, far from being in favour of the dollar:

I forgot to say an important detail about the payrolls report. I don't remember the average hourly wage being negative. I'm not saying it didn't happen, I might have forgotten, but - I don't remember that! And now it's minus one cent to 22.99 usd. That's not good! That's not good! And it's also interesting, I publish on my website a summary table of the week's closing prices, by currency and cross, by funda, by fx, by commodes. The fonda is up against last week's figures and the eura is down, so is that the answer? The Nikkei index is even up above 10K. So it's not the risk that's being sold? And the eura? Why then did the whole fx go up at the same time as the fund? US treasuries, German bubbles, UK gilts and Japanese JGBs rose over the week. Gold went up, oil went up, especially brent. Or maybe it's just that the fund didn't have time to fall in the little time left on Friday? After the payrolls? And everything is still ahead? I don't think they will go anywhere far, no one, due to the summer...

)))

Somebody's got a good speculation on the Euros.

ZetM:
....)))

For me, at any rate, up to 1.4260 is enough to harvest 80% of the crop)))