how to identify price reversal points - page 18

andreybs:

For example, move to "pivot" points near channel boundaries?

- see pages 412-414 in the same book

1. Tried it. In the end I abandoned the method as I could not detect a clear pattern working on the whole history.

- this is one of the confirmation signals with its weight

Done. Initial and modified oscillator. Modified: blue=High, red=Low, black=LWMA-rate High, grey=LWMA-rate Low

- try to use black and grey values to identify classic and latent divergence, base the oscillator on a simple moving average (unweighted)

LeoV:
Nothing new with this oscillator. You will make some money on successful trends and lose in flat or uncertainty. Even your screenshot is full of losing entries. Common theme.....)))

Erm... You haven't read my posts carefully. The oscillator should be overlaid with filters from other indicators.

The only "new thing with this oscillator" is that it is smooth and with minimal lag. Compare it to the RSI...

adept:

try to use black and grey values to identify classic and latent divergence, base the oscillator on simple moving (unweighted)

So now the red and blue are the SMAs for Low and High respectively.

Black and gray are divergence of velocities (High and Low)

I got something not very clear... The crossovers are not clearly readable and do not always coincide with real reversals. The hidden divergence can hardly be seen.

Have I done everything right?

If there are indicators, why not just create an Expert Advisor, run it on historical data and post the results here, then the question would be solved

ZZZEROXXX:
If there are indicators, why not just create an Expert Advisor, run it on historical data and post the results here, that would make the issue go away

Running ahead of the locomotive... ))) Indicators are not quite ready yet. But if you really want to see the oscillator in action... without any filters or tweaks... ok.

Here is the chart for first 5 months of this year (tp/sl = 10/100). Note the number of deals - 319 and % successful - 96.92% with a drawdown of 22.11%. I think, not bad for some kind of oscillator without adjustments, without filters, without TS.

Oh yes !

tp/sl = 10/100 !!!

Risking 100 quid to make 10! Awesome.

Bicus:

Oh yes !

tp/sl = 10/100 !!!

This is bullshit. If the MO is positive, you can do that. But it's better the other way round.

andreybs:

So now the red and blue are SMAs for Low and High speed change respectively.

Black and grey are divergence of velocities (High and Low)

The result is something that is not very clear... The crossovers are not clearly readable and do not always coincide with the real reversals. Hidden divergence can hardly be seen.

I meant substitute the black and grey histograms with curves where divergences will be visible (in the black one)

the crossovers are not interesting.

Bicus:

Oh yes !

tp/sl = 10/100 !!!

Maths counts, right? )))

At 97% successful betting in this scenario, for every 10 "quid earned" we risk 3 quid and no 100.

adept:

I meant substituting the black and grey histograms by curves and then the divergence will be visible on them (on the black one)

I see. I'll do it tonight.

andreybs:

Here is the chart for the first 5 months of this year (tp/sl = 10/100). Note the number of trades - 319 and % successful - 96.92% with a drawdown of 22.11%. I think it's not bad for some oscillator with no tweaks, no filters, no TS.

Even with 100% successful trades, the ratio (tp/sl = 10/100) == plum!